Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 11:19 AM

733 posts, read 831,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I have never heard of this.
Really? I'm not saying they were controlling or obnoxious about it. They just tried to push me into wearing sandals or ask why I don't wear them. One gf bought me some sandals once and returned them when I wouldn't wear them lol.

Quote:
I live near the beach and find guys in sandals or flip flops who are not at the beach gay looking. It is just very unmanly.
Heh. That is why I have never worn them. They just don't give an impression that they are very masculine or manly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 11:28 AM

3,857 posts, read 3,115,560 times
most people dont realize, feet are the hardest working part of your body. But who want to see Mr. green toes, rusty old hairy feet walking down the block?

Also, for those men that need to wear shorts all the time, please go get some clippers, and give it a low trim. It is ok, once a season, not a wax or skin smooth. those hairy legs are as unsightly at times, just like a womens arm pit.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:30 AM

20,684 posts, read 19,810,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
Really? I'm not saying they were controlling or obnoxious about it. They just tried to push me into wearing sandals or ask why I don't wear them. One gf bought me some sandals once and returned them when I wouldn't wear them lol.
Maybe the younger generation does that.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:31 AM

6,615 posts, read 6,489,919 times
I hate flip flops on either sex, and I hate seeing men in sandals with socks. Both look stupid, ESPECIALLY socks/sandals IMO.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:39 AM

522 posts, read 335,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
most people dont realize, feet are the hardest working part of your body. But who want to see Mr. green toes, rusty old hairy feet walking down the block?

Also, for those men that need to wear shorts all the time, please go get some clippers, and give it a low trim. It is ok, once a season, not a wax or skin smooth. those hairy legs are as unsightly at times, just like a womens arm pit.

Not everyone has nasty feet. how about taking care of them?

Old 06-27-2017, 11:41 AM

My girlfriend got me to start wearing flip flops and sandals and I'm glad she did. They are far more comfortable than stuffy gym shoes and socks. Plus she says they look good and I received some compliments from others on my sandals (although have not been complimented on flip flops lol)

Old 06-27-2017, 11:51 AM

5,122 posts, read 4,447,568 times
Your generalization may apply to your social group or area, but it's definitely not true everywhere. Men's feet are usually unattractive (unkempt; gross , thick, discolored nails; scaly skin; etc.), so I can't imagine a sudden desire by the majority of women to look at them.

I, for one, prefer not to see men's feet, and would never encourage the wearing of sandals and flip flops.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Your generalization may apply to your social group or area, but it's definitely not true everywhere. Men's feet are usually unattractive (unkempt; gross , thick, discolored nails; scaly skin; etc.), so I can't imagine a sudden desire by the majority of women to look at them.

I, for one, prefer not to see men's feet, and would never encourage the wearing of sandals and flip flops.

Even if they were in decent shape? I have none of those issues. I don't get pedicures but live in a cooler climate where they are covered up for most of the year so they are in tip top shape when I start wearing sandals. A

Old 06-27-2017, 12:15 PM

29,627 posts, read 34,107,821 times
Quote:
I live near the beach and find guys in sandals or flip flops who are not at the beach gay looking. It is just very unmanly. This combined with a drink who has an umbrella and/or straw in it is my definition of supergay.
The only thing that makes a guy supergay is the desire to bone dudes, which he can do in work boots while drinking a beer. shrug

Old 06-27-2017, 12:27 PM

15,932 posts, read 12,187,069 times
I wear crocs with and without socks and don't care what anyone thinks. Wear what you want and let the people who ocd about what's on others feet have a good laugh at your expense.

I tried some more fashionable slip ons but went back to the Crocs... They are more comfortable with better arch support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty