Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 10:28 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,243,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
Don't shock me at all - they look just like you and I! I've actually told past dates: No makeup or cigarettes if you want to get in this car!
Believe me, whether you've known it or not, 95% of the women you've dated have worn at least SOME makeup...you just processed it as "natural"...I remember some comedian remarking that it's amazing how it can take an hour to look like you're wearing no makeup.

And you can have your preferences but a woman will do what she wants to do and just like you wouldn't shave off your beard to suit her there's no reason for her to change her makeup or clothes for you. If you're not compatible, you're not compatible and how she "appears" is part of HER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2017, 10:29 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,415,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
There is a woman I follow on YT that I find attractive, with or without makeup, but in all of her other videos she has had a simple "cat eye" type makeup and in one video she shows herself without it and it's interesting how without it she looks so different. Now these are political type vids so ignore the content:

Without:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_JOXhPyP98
Why on earth would you want to follow someone with such a despicable attitude?

Old 07-09-2017, 10:31 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,312,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
LOL well to guys the cat eye part is the only thing that we'd notice.
Wait. Hold the phone. Women have eyes?

Thank you thank you I'll be here all week.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:34 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,277,401 times
I recall a little rhyme that went something like:

A little powder, a little paint
Makes a girl what she ain't.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:46 AM

4,972 posts, read 5,232,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post

Lol!

I know a couple of other little ditties.

"What nature has forgotten is stuffed with cotton."

"Men don't make pake passes at girls who wear glasses".

-----
I think people don't realize that makeup doesn't always make women look good. I like makeup and wear it, but a lot of makeup is simply outlandish. When I first saw the Bratz dolls, I thought they were ridiculous looking. Then later I became aware of the Kardashians and that appears to be their look. I look at some women and they think it makes them look younger or whatever. I prefer a more natural look so the painted on look always throws me.

Someone mentioned how different the celebrities look without the warpaint. Sofia Vergara is the one I noticed. She doesn't look like the same person. She is naturally pretty, but not eye catchingly so. She's the average pretty girl without all the hype.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:27 AM

11,022 posts, read 6,562,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
Me too.

I'm fair so a little is good but I find less is more. I always appreciate the nude tones. They are perfect for me.

I see our clinic is offering an eyeliner tattoo service. Seems that might be good for older women but I can't imagine how it is done without causing excruciating pain and dangerous health situations.

Tatooed eyeliner is a great solution at any age for those of us who are fair and want to go without make-up sometimes. Believe it or not, it is NOT painful---just some buzzing discomfort. I had mine done in a surgeon's office, by a PA, not some strip-mall walk-in place. it has lasted 7 years now, no fading.

What DOES hurt is having lips done. But I'm glad I did as I hate lipstick. Eyebrows are not painful either. So now I don't have to wear any make-up but don't look bland and washed-out.

It is all quite expensive though, but well worth it to me.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:03 PM

11,048 posts, read 23,912,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
<SNIP>
I remember when airbrushing first came out in photos -- or maybe it had been around and I just noticed it -- but anyway, it was the 90's and I was fascinated by how GORGEOUS everyone's skin was in the magazines. Just FLAWLESS! That's around the time "Glamour Shots" came out. I had one done (just a close-up with a simple black dress on, not a feather boa around my neck or lingerie or anything). OMG, I could not believe how bad (despite full makeup) my skin looked in that close-up....UNTIL they airbrushed it (at extra charge, of course). Every pore and capillary was gone. Wish we could airbrush ourselves in real life!
Actually, now you can. I forget which TV ad it was, but it showed folks with an airbrush putting on makeup. I thought it might be a nice set up for doing watercolor paintings, but never got any further than thinking about it.

Makeup doesn't work real well in humid climates where you spend a lot of time at the beach or in the water so I suspect a lot of makeup amounts and techniques are regional.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:31 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,243,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Lol!

I know a couple of other little ditties.

"What nature has forgotten is stuffed with cotton."

"Men don't make pake passes at girls who wear glasses".

-----
"Accentuate the positive!"

Old 07-09-2017, 03:34 PM

166 posts, read 144,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Haha - you and I are sisters under the skin! I too, loved Cher's whole "look". Cher in the 70s was just awesome - her makeup, hair and beautiful gowns she would wear. I too, do not like the eyelash extension look with all the heavy makeup, plus it's bad for your eyes and lashes. Looks bad on a woman my age, too unless you are Cher or in a burlesque show!
The hair! I'd put a towel on my head and toss it around so I could pretend I had hair like Cher.
I was so mad when she got her teeth done. I loved her old teeth.

Old 07-09-2017, 04:28 PM

102,089 posts, read 107,180,349 times
I see what you mean, OP. I guess I should have been wearing makeup all these years. But I've never seen makeup be so transformational as it is on these tutorial vids. Never seen that IRL. Though IRL, I've never known any women who wore makeup; not among my friends or relatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty