Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 03:12 AM

218 posts, read 171,174 times

Advertisements

There is a woman I follow on YT that I find attractive, with or without makeup, but in all of her other videos she has had a simple "cat eye" type makeup and in one video she shows herself without it and it's interesting how without it she looks so different. Now these are political type vids so ignore the content:

With:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzk5YgR6pks

Without:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_JOXhPyP98

Now, perhaps being a man it's just something men are more susceptible to, but despite not going heavy on makeup and the main thing being the way she simply does her eyes it's really interesting seeing how even overall different she looks with and without. Still looks great regardless but as she herself says, she's done the cat eyeliner look since she was 14. The power of makeup lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 08:01 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,661,722 times
If you think she isn't wearing quite a bit of make up in the second video, you would be mistaken. She has on foundation, under eye concealer, highlighter and counter, brow make up, likely primer, mascara, and probably eyeliner.

In the top video she has a lot, and I mean A LOT of make up on. That is not a simple cat eye either, it is lining the whole eye, inside the waterline and out, likely with liquid and pencil. She also has done a phenomenal job with highlighter and contour, especially along her nose. Don't get me wrong, it shows an incredible amount of technique and talent but it is hardly "simple".

Old 07-05-2017, 08:26 PM

218 posts, read 171,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
If you think she isn't wearing quite a bit of make up in the second video, you would be mistaken. She has on foundation, under eye concealer, highlighter and counter, brow make up, likely primer, mascara, and probably eyeliner.

In the top video she has a lot, and I mean A LOT of make up on. That is not a simple cat eye either, it is lining the whole eye, inside the waterline and out, likely with liquid and pencil. She also has done a phenomenal job with highlighter and contour, especially along her nose. Don't get me wrong, it shows an incredible amount of technique and talent but it is hardly "simple".
LOL well to guys the cat eye part is the only thing that we'd notice.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:27 AM

5,586 posts, read 8,366,357 times
I'm not a fan of the first look with the heavy eyeliner, but regardless, I DO love eye makeup and have since I was a kid. I am very fair, with blue eyes and blonde lashes, so I look COMPLETELY different (and not in a good way) without eye makeup. Picture Tilda Swinton. I have always envied women with brown eyes and dark lashes, because they can go sans makeup and not look completely dead. Years ago, I got permanent eyeliner tattooed on and it was the best thing I ever did (as far as looks go). My favorite eye makeup look of all time was Twiggy in the 60's with the "cut crease" and painted lower lashes.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:39 AM

Location: Removing a snake out of the neighbor's washing machine
3,095 posts, read 2,022,678 times
Frankly I'd rather see women the way God made them, not like porcelain dolls!

Old 07-06-2017, 08:24 AM

17,486 posts, read 38,934,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
I'm not a fan of the first look with the heavy eyeliner, but regardless, I DO love eye makeup and have since I was a kid. I am very fair, with blue eyes and blonde lashes, so I look COMPLETELY different (and not in a good way) without eye makeup. Picture Tilda Swinton. I have always envied women with brown eyes and dark lashes, because they can go sans makeup and not look completely dead. Years ago, I got permanent eyeliner tattooed on and it was the best thing I ever did (as far as looks go). My favorite eye makeup look of all time was Twiggy in the 60's with the "cut crease" and painted lower lashes.
Oh, God, me too and I totally ROCKED that look for a long time!! Now in my 60s, I have to keep it simple. But at least I do have dark brown eyes and darker lashes, but I still need a bit of liner to keep them looking "open" lol.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:59 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,685,303 times
I always thought Oprah Winfrey's makeup artist Reggie should win an award.

OP, there are whole "celebrities without makeup" sites, if you're interested. It's mean, but it is revealing.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:58 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,632,914 times
Yes! That's why we (women) wear makeup! Eyeliner makes my eyes pop. I love eyeliner.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:50 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,324,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debnor View Post
LOL well to guys the cat eye part is the only thing that we'd notice.
If she did not spackle her face with a variety of correctors, foundations and the like, trust me you'd notice a lot more than the eyeliner. Her gashes, scars, freckles, divots, blemishes and blotches, capillaries, blackheads, and other sundry flaws. Less than five percent of the population has a flawless 'peaches and cream' complexion naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrandK-Man View Post
Frankly I'd rather see women the way God made them, not like porcelain dolls!
That's what they all say - until the woman actually takes her make up off. You really should see some of the celebrities without their make up. Perhaps most shocking is someone like Gwen Stefani, Anna Kournikova, and especially Pamela Anderson.

Old 07-09-2017, 12:38 AM

5,586 posts, read 8,366,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If she did not spackle her face with a variety of correctors, foundations and the like, trust me you'd notice a lot more than the eyeliner. Her gashes, scars, freckles, divots, blemishes and blotches, capillaries, blackheads, and other sundry flaws. Less than five percent of the population has a flawless 'peaches and cream' complexion naturally.

That's what they all say - until the woman actually takes her make up off. You really should see some of the celebrities without their make up. Perhaps most shocking is someone like Gwen Stefani, Anna Kournikova, and especially Pamela Anderson.
Right! When I was 19 and going with my soon-to-be husband, he didn't like my heavy eye makeup and wanted me to go without. Until I went without for a few days! He then said, "If you don't put some eye makeup on....". But I'm an extreme example, as I mentioned above, with the blonde lashes and brows.

I remember when airbrushing first came out in photos -- or maybe it had been around and I just noticed it -- but anyway, it was the 90's and I was fascinated by how GORGEOUS everyone's skin was in the magazines. Just FLAWLESS! That's around the time "Glamour Shots" came out. I had one done (just a close-up with a simple black dress on, not a feather boa around my neck or lingerie or anything). OMG, I could not believe how bad (despite full makeup) my skin looked in that close-up....UNTIL they airbrushed it (at extra charge, of course). Every pore and capillary was gone. Wish we could airbrush ourselves in real life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty