Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best Charm Bracelet Company
Pandora 4 100.00%
Chamilla 0 0%
Troll 0 0%
Personna 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 03:18 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,688,167 times

Advertisements

I got to straight out admit.... I LOVE JEWELRY!!!! I am also a huge fan of charm bracelets.

The charm bracelet industry is a big deal! There are LOTS of people out their that actively collect charms and charm bracelets from various companies. I current have a huge collection and have become a charm addict.

There are various companies out there that make charms and charm bracelets. To my understanding the popularity of each brand varies from place to place around the world and in each country.

In my city Pandora is by far the King of Charm Bling! They have stores everywhere and just about every other women in my city has either heard of Pandora or owns jewelry from them. People who own and wear Pandora jewelry frequently approach each other to complement each other on their bracelets and to admire each other's jewelery. I personally have people approach me all the time and have approached other people ex "Oh my god I love your bracelet!", " I wanted that charm!" or "I love the way your bracelet together". There are blogs and blogs about charm bracelets.

I personally have huge amounts of Pandora charms, bracelets, rings ect ( hundreds... likely getting closer to 1000). I have also recently been collected some Chamilla bracelets and charms. My collection from this line is under 30 items to date.

I also do own a few personna and other brand charms that wandered in to my collection.

I trade and re-sell jewelry so it helps update my collection while putting a bit less strain on my wallet. Side note re-selling things is a huge huge pain and take a lot of work).

I have of Troll as well, but don't have any of their stuff.

Do you have a preferred charm bracelet company and why?

I personally refer the shape of the chamilla murano charms. I find Pandora's murano charms too big and no comfortable to wear. I also really lke shape of the clasp. Is is more modern in my opinion due to its shape.

Pandora charms are great, but I think now that Chamilla is owned by Swaroski the stones on the charms are going to get even nicer.

I am currently have gold Pandora items and working on getting more over time... however these charms are crazy experience ex up to $700 each so I am in no rush to fill up my gold bracelets.

Which charm bracelet company do you prefer and why?

Please make sure to vote in the poll.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 08:02 AM

2,026 posts, read 331,687 times
I have been buying from Pandora since July of 2013. My first bracelet was picked out for my birthday with my dad. The main color is blue and is on a silver bangle.

My second bracelet was given to me by my mother. It is a signature heart bangle, and the main color is pink.

My most recent bracelet is rose gold. It is definitely my favorite of the three. It even matches my other rose gold jewelry, like my Swarvorski rings.

Even though Pandora is pricey, they are always running specials throughout the year, like their free bracelet with purchase or Mother's Day gift sets. The quality is unbeatable, and their bracelets/charms make wonderful gifts. I gifted a Disney-themed bracelet to my sweet niece a year ago. She loves it.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:09 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,379,095 times
I have a few Brighton charm bracelets but really prefer my mother's collection of vintage charm bracelets. Less "bling" (I'm generally not a fan of bling), more unique. Charms from around the world, some noting historical events, some making political statements, some simply representative of a place, interest, milestone celebration or holiday. They do not all match. They're lovely.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:23 PM

3,857 posts, read 3,126,218 times
I have 3 full bracelets. I have been collecting since 07'. I am sometimes afraid to take the subway with these charms on, because of all the attention they get. One of the bracelets have close to $2500 worth of charms on it.
I settle for a empty bracelet , with maybe 6 charms for everyday, and save the bling for special occasions.

One question I always have in mind, what would be the potential value in holding these charms ? Are there already "rare" pieces? would I be looking at gold value, or a different one, when cashing in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty