Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 09:15 PM

10,032 posts, read 17,966,656 times

Advertisements

Funny thread! I think I am in the minority here (among women posters) because I have never been a fan of long hair on men ... it might be because I grew up in the military and got used to short-haired boys/men. That is still my favorite "look" although I haven't been connected to the military in decades (other than a West Point ex!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
... Some of the guys joke they fear they are turning gay when they see another man become more beautiful when they grow their hair long. Personally I doubt they really want sex with them, but might want some like-minded friends to hang out with. Do any of you think it's good (long hair freedom), bad, or don't care?
Um, not everyone thinks guys "become more beautiful" when they grow their hair long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 09:17 PM

102,094 posts, read 107,197,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Funny thread! I think I am in the minority here (among women posters) because I have never been a fan of long hair on men ... it might be because I grew up in the military and got used to short-haired boys/men. That is still my favorite "look" although I haven't been connected to the military in decades (other than a West Point ex!).

Um, not everyone thinks guys "become more beautiful" when they grow their hair long.
=swoon=

*THUD*

Old 07-11-2017, 09:17 PM

95 posts, read 73,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
They have groups for these people on You Tube. They have 1-3 month hair grow videos and time lapse 1-5 year hair growth videos. They tell others keep on growing or why not start now to see if you like it? Kinda like a challenge or dare and emotional support. Some pledge will do for 1-2 years , or til they can't stand it.
Some do hair care tips or admit they do nothing special.

Some of the guys joke they fear they are turning gay when they see another man become more beautiful when they grow their hair long. Personally I doubt they really want sex with them, but might want some like-minded friends to hang out with. Do any of you think it's good (long hair freedom), bad, or don't care?
Gay guys almost always have really short haircuts similar to the military

not long hair

Old 07-11-2017, 10:47 PM

3,857 posts, read 3,125,447 times
Dont know about that long haired fabio look, but I would love to see some kinda long hair , in the greaser look. Some actors make it look so fake, but I miss having an extra long DA, groomed perfectly. and manageable.

I used products like Brylcreem or groom and clean. or even the VO5 hair tonic. I could restyle/re comb my hair all day, nice and soft. Unlike my counterparts, using the freaking gel/ mouse. the good old days of the clean shaving, slick hair, and smelling fresh.

that long hair, past the shoulders, is not making a come back. Only a few guys can pull it off, the same with the unshaven look. Having both only makes a man look un kept, like his butt stinks , and he uses no deodorant. If you must wear it long,wash daily, blow dry it straight, comb it nice, shave your face. The Hobo Bill look is not what you want to represent.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:30 PM

4,000 posts, read 10,815,180 times
Used to have long hair in teens and 20s, wish I could again but genetics screwed me lol. I was in bands though, kinda goes with the territory.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:15 AM

876 posts, read 807,634 times
I have thick, dark hair and decided to grow it out once in middle age. It took about two years to grown down to about shoulder length. Since it was wavy and unruly, and not long enough to put it in a bun I would just brush it back and put it in a pony tail.

In retrospect, I probably looked somewhat silly. I didn't like getting up in the morning and dealing with the tangled mess. It was hot in the summer, and getting ready for work took longer. It only lasted about six months before I got it chopped to my usual close on the sides and about 2-3 inches on top.

But what I did gain from the experience was an appreciation for what most women go through daily. I can't imagine having to worry about a hairstyle, I only wore it one way. It's was just too much maintenance.

Last edited by A1eutian; 07-12-2017 at 01:53 AM..

Old 07-12-2017, 08:47 AM

11,583 posts, read 6,689,479 times
Ugh, I do not like men with long hair. I like a clean cut man! It also drives me crazy when I see little boys with long hair and you can't tell if their a boy or a girl!

Old 07-12-2017, 08:56 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,011,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
Ugh, I do not like men with long hair. I like a clean cut man! It also drives me crazy when I see little boys with long hair and you can't tell if their a boy or a girl!
I agree. Long hair on a boy/man looks ridiculous. Always. It never looks good. Ever.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:56 AM

437 posts, read 334,537 times
Chris Cornell is a man I think that looked good with his long hair. Wait did I just compliment another man on how he looks? That might be a first.

Pretty good considering all the drugs he did. And R.I.P. Chris.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:29 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,838,341 times
Usually it looks pretty lousy on most males, but there is an occasion it looks pretty good, but that occasion is super rare. I think people do it out of boredom since we are living in such good times, one has to create something more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty