Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 08:43 PM

510 posts, read 370,532 times

Advertisements

Boy in LA wants to grow his hair to Guinness Book of Records hair 20+ feet. If he makes it then he'll
donate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Another one here that doesn't mind long hair on guys as long as it's neat and not oily/stringy.
Not too many I know anymore with long hair.

Can't recall the show I watched not too long ago where the boy had his hair in a pony tail. Said that he was growing it out long so that he could donate it to a cancer organization. Not saying everyone has this plan in mind but one never knows other people's plans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 08:53 PM

Yeah, man buns may be to please employers, they may have it that way or not at home. "Man" buns from what I've gathered so far seem to indicate they can be imperfect. Casual look is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
I hope it's not coming back. I greatly dislike "man buns" which just look stupid.

Okay, maybe one in 200 guys looks good in long hair, but most don't.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:16 PM

LOL! Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I don't care. Men have been wearing long hair since the first one roamed the earth. Do whatever you want with your hair. It's yours! I just don't want to see an opossum climb out of your hair!

Old 07-12-2017, 09:23 PM

Sounds very normal. If only long hair would keep itself perfect, I think it would be much more popular, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
All my boys wanted short hair, and the grandsons too. Except for a shaggy decade in the 70s which wasn't even very long, they go for ease of care.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:31 PM

Thanks for your story, I feel so bad your youngest son tried to please his dad too late. I hope your son can now have his hair as he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I like long hair on men. Some look better than others though. I also like man buns. LOL

I also like beards, but not when they get too long. Not a fan of the wiry chin look. But that's me.

My youngest went through a spell (most of high school) where he let his hair grow. It was past his shoulders, and it looked great. It was black and thick.

My dad used to tease him all the time about wanting all that hair. So when my dad died, my son put his hair in a pony tail, cut the pony tail off, and put it in the coffin with my dad.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:35 PM

Thanks, you are very kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMetal View Post

But I'm all for a guy doing whatever *he* wants & whatever he's comfortable in. I don't wear my hair to please them & I wouldn't expect them to wear it to please me. But I'll enjoy it, if they do!

Old 07-12-2017, 09:45 PM

I count on those "weirdos" to entertain me! But I may survive people looking "normal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
It's the latter part of the 1960's in a 21st century remake. Relax, a lot of guys will look like the hind end of a Shetland pony, but you'll get over........and so will most of them.

As for the gay joke, American guys are so hung up on "gay" they are nervous about their motives when they zip down their own fly.

Take a deep breath. In ten years it will all be history, except for weirdos.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:56 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
But, were you in a "hair band?"

Actually, yes...and still am to a degree, although we play a lot of other stuff too. Always fun to revisit the colorful 80s lol

Old 07-12-2017, 10:10 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Eeewww.....man bun. Just why?

Old 07-12-2017, 11:04 PM

I really need to look up telogen effluvium. But whatever it is, more people will like long hair if they don't get that condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
I'n a dude and I've kept my hair longish for years

I want to grow it legitimately long, but I have telogen effluvium so I have to keep cutting it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty