Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 09:40 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Used to have long hair in teens and 20s, wish I could again but genetics screwed me lol. I was in bands though, kinda goes with the territory.
But, were you in a "hair band?"

I like men. Long hair is great. So is short. Matters not.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:58 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,034,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayden87 View Post
Chris Cornell is a man I think that looked good with his long hair. Wait did I just compliment another man on how he looks? That might be a first.

Pretty good considering all the drugs he did. And R.I.P. Chris.
Nope. He looked ridiculous with that curly, unruly mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 10:09 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,190,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
They have groups for these people on You Tube. They have 1-3 month hair grow videos and time lapse 1-5 year hair growth videos. They tell others keep on growing or why not start now to see if you like it? Kinda like a challenge or dare and emotional support. Some pledge will do for 1-2 years , or til they can't stand it.
Some do hair care tips or admit they do nothing special.

Some of the guys joke they fear they are turning gay when they see another man become more beautiful when they grow their hair long. Personally I doubt they really want sex with them, but might want some like-minded friends to hang out with. Do any of you think it's good (long hair freedom), bad, or don't care?
It's the latter part of the 1960's in a 21st century remake. Relax, a lot of guys will look like the hind end of a Shetland pony, but you'll get over........and so will most of them.

As for the gay joke, American guys are so hung up on "gay" they are nervous about their motives when they zip down their own fly.

Take a deep breath. In ten years it will all be history, except for weirdos.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:09 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,342,958 times
I am not aware of the trend. Most of the men and boys I know keep it short.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:19 AM

437 posts, read 336,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Nope. He looked ridiculous with that curly, unruly mess.
Can't of been that bad. He had many girls throw themselves at him. If he wasn't married he would had taken the offer up. In his younger years when he wasn't married he probably did.

Last edited by Hayden87; 07-12-2017 at 10:38 AM..

Old 07-12-2017, 10:43 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,583,226 times
Quote:
They have groups for these people on You Tube. They have 1-3 month hair grow videos and time lapse 1-5 year hair growth videos. They tell others keep on growing or why not start now to see if you like it? Kinda like a challenge or dare and emotional support. Some pledge will do for 1-2 years , or til they can't stand it.

Some of the guys joke they fear they are turning gay when they see another man become more beautiful when they grow their hair long. Personally I doubt they really want sex with them, but might want some like-minded friends to hang out with. Do any of you think it's good (long hair freedom), bad, or don't care?
I like long hair on men, if they have good hair. But the reality is that it will prevent them from getting a good job, usually.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:51 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,964,986 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1M3-m9VDqc

Old 07-12-2017, 12:33 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,481,607 times
I'n a dude and I've kept my hair longish for years

I want to grow it legitimately long, but I have telogen effluvium so I have to keep cutting it

Old 07-12-2017, 12:41 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:

Men have been wearing long hair for a long time. When I was young I had quite long hair. Well past my shoulders. It's not unusual. As things are, I'm actually heading up today to get my hair buzzed. It will be the first time I've gone that short in 4.5 decades. But it's time for a change. Past actually.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:07 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,126,656 times
I don't understand the guys who grow their hair (or beard) so long it needs maintance.

I will sometimes grow a beard in winter, but when it needs trimmed I will almost always shave it off. (Takes less time than trimming.)

There people who spend a significant amount of time "grooming" and it flies in the face of the persona they are trying to project in most instances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty