Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How seasonal is your fashion sense?
I wear certain colors/styles in summer and others in winter. There is hardly any overlap. 2 12.50%
I might have some summer outfits and some winter outfits, but a lot of my clothes I wear year-round. 8 50.00%
Seasons have no impact on my fashion sense. 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 10:32 AM

1,485 posts, read 1,809,965 times

Advertisements

Just thought it would be interesting to see how seasonal your fashion is. I don't really care about the colors, but no shorts and sandals in the cold half of the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 11:05 AM

18,457 posts, read 18,606,216 times
Ha ha, I see you dont live in Scotland or understand our weather.. we have the four seasons on the one day here... so we can go out walking in the sun with a skimpy t shirt and shorts but have our brolly in the bag....

Old 07-22-2017, 11:05 AM

7,310 posts, read 12,246,576 times
Just to let you know, the major fashion seasons are Spring and Fall, not Summer and Winter. Spring usually encompasses Summer, while Fall usually encompasses Winter. However, some fashion companies add more minor seasons, particularly with women's fashion. Usually those two additional minor seasons are Pre-Fall and Resort/Pre-Spring. Some even split the latter into two distinct minor seasons.

As for colors, I really don't own a lot of Fall colors since they are not really my style. Plus, since I live in Arizona, I don't have much use for cold weather clothing that is typical of Fall collections.

Old 07-22-2017, 11:56 AM

30,585 posts, read 24,998,404 times
It isn't so much about colors for me. Even white seems to come into fashion for winter from time to time. And I do own a pair of black shorts for summer.

I like long sleeves in the cooler months. And since I am sensitive to cold, I wear under shirts as well. And I often will top off with a sweater.

In the warmer months, I'll wear short sleeves without an under layer.

But if we are going to a museum or restaurant, I'll often bring a jacket because I know I'll be uncomfortably cold if I don't.

I like sandals, and low socks with walking shoes for the warmer months, and wool socks and walking shoes in the colder months.

But color doesn't figure too much into what I choose to wear. Of course colors are limited to what I have been able to find to buy.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:34 PM

102 posts, read 100,731 times
I live in western WA, where we have 2 seasons: rain (9 months) and summer (3 months).

"Spring" and "fall" here both feel the same, but I will try to bust out some colors corresponding to the seasons when they roll around. In April-ish, I'll try to get in some floral underneath my cardigans and try slightly brighter lipsticks and blushes. In October-ish, I'll try to get in some neutrals and darker tones, and try darker eye makeup and lips.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:40 PM

7,310 posts, read 12,246,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringrainN View Post
I live in western WA, where we have 2 seasons: rain (9 months) and summer (3 months).

"Spring" and "fall" here both feel the same, but I will try to bust out some colors corresponding to the seasons when they roll around. In April-ish, I'll try to get in some floral underneath my cardigans and try slightly brighter lipsticks and blushes. In October-ish, I'll try to get in some neutrals and darker tones, and try darker eye makeup and lips.
While Spring and Fall usually feel similar, the rule is to include most of the warm weather clothes in the Spring collections to last through the summer, while most of the cold weather clothes are included with the Fall collections to last through winter.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:59 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,327,317 times
Around here lately, we have two seasons - warm, and hot. I never have to store away my shorts and tanks, and have little use for an overcoat or sweaters. I only wear coats, scarves and gloves when I travel to Europe. There are no color rules around here, anything goes. I tend to pick things in darker colors, solids if possible. Not interested in flashy, look-at-me garments.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:57 PM

4,972 posts, read 5,235,364 times
It's warm and hot most of the year here. I wear whatever I want unless it is a specific event where a certain level of dress is expected. I can wear half and 3/4 sleeves at just about any time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty