U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 09:42 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,292 posts, read 14,579,671 times

Advertisements

I didn't read all the posts here yet but before I forget....has anyone tried BOUCHERON? I love the men's version but I also have the woman's Jaipur. That one and Chance by Channel No.5 are my favorite ones. I remember a few years ago when I used to slober Estee Lauder's Beautiful Body lotion on me but it got too expensive and my husb. doesn't think about buying me any of that stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2006, 09:58 AM

2,814 posts, read 11,898,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
I didn't read all the posts here yet but before I forget....has anyone tried BOUCHERON? I love the men's version but I also have the woman's Jaipur. That one and Chance by Channel No.5 are my favorite ones. I remember a few years ago when I used to slober Estee Lauder's Beautiful Body lotion on me but it got too expensive and my husb. doesn't think about buying me any of that stuff.
Yep, I have and use Eau de Parfum Boucheron. I have it on right now. I love it too. It's the version that smells a bit strong when you apply it, but it mellows into a soft background quickly and it doesn't fade. I spray it on my chest and it drifts up under my clothes. I love the smell of it. In the very first message on this thread, I mention Boucheron as one of my favorites. Excellent taste!

Old 12-07-2006, 10:18 AM

8,191 posts, read 27,475,484 times
I don't do fragrance. I don't like to be around people who wear any, either. They all give me a headache. If they are really strong they will make me cough.

I much prefer the clean smells of Ivory soap or Downy on a person.

Old 12-07-2006, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evey View Post
I don't do fragrance. I don't like to be around people who wear any, either. They all give me a headache. If they are really strong they will make me cough.

I much prefer the clean smells of Ivory soap or Downy on a person.
Oops.. Well... Evey...I do use Ivory soap...
but I use it to bathe and also to brush my teeth It's the best tooth cleaner on the planet Honest! (and then some baking soda for polishing here and there as I'm a coffee drinker).
If you cough and get headaches around people who wear colognes and perfumes....around me you'd probably feel some tightening then in your head and get a few hiccoughs.. LOL

Old 12-07-2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Yep, I have and use Eau de Parfum Boucheron. I have it on right now. I love it too. It's the version that smells a bit strong when you apply it, but it mellows into a soft background quickly and it doesn't fade. I spray it on my chest and it drifts up under my clothes. I love the smell of it. In the very first message on this thread, I mention Boucheron as one of my favorites. Excellent taste!
ooppsss sorry. Didn't go that far back in the thread but I did cover my derriere by saying I hadn't read everything
And I agree, you have excellent taste!

Old 12-07-2006, 10:56 AM

613 posts, read 737,018 times
Quote:
Oops.. Well... Evey...I do use Ivory soap...
but I use it to bathe and also to brush my teeth It's the best tooth cleaner on the planet Honest! (and then some baking soda for polishing here and there as I'm a coffee drinker).
If you cough and get headaches around people who wear colognes and perfumes....around me you'd probably feel some tightening then in your head and get a few hiccoughs.. LOL
Ivory soap to brush with?!?!? omg....i use it to bathe with everyday, but never thought about brushing my teeth with it. I'll sure try it though, as I am a coffee drinker as well, and I'll sure give it a try if you say it works. The baking soda breaks my mouth out sometimes if I use too often.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post
Ivory soap to brush with?!?!? omg....i use it to bathe with everyday, but never thought about brushing my teeth with it. I'll sure try it though, as I am a coffee drinker as well, and I'll sure give it a try if you say it works. The baking soda breaks my mouth out sometimes if I use too often.

I get a little pimply rash on parts of my left arm when it's very hot and humid weather (gee like that's every day since I'm in Miami) and the dermatologist told me to use Dove and nothing else. The dentist told me to use Colgate Total. Never mentioned baking soda or Ivory soap but did give me a script for some very expensive peroxide mix (which is disgusting).

Old 12-07-2006, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTexas85 View Post

Well, not to diverge from the thread topic...but just so you understand! I use the Ivory Soap (bar soap only) to brush with because it thoroughly cleans the teeth, removes the bacteria, eliminates morning breath (I guess that has to do with fragrance... ), and keeps my brush clean. It also helps heal irritated gums. Now the purpose behind this is that most toothpastes have flouride. Flouride is poisonous to humans and it does NOT prevent cavities. It does harden the enamel, but if you have any type of microscopic hole or cavity developing, all the flouride will do is harden the sides of the cavity, not prevent it. Plus, Flouride disconnects the microscopic tethers that your gums use to attach themselves to your teeth. So it's a vicious cycle...you brush more often to prevent bacterial infection of the gums and stop recession, yet the Flouride amplifies the problem and the gums pull away, pockets of debris form, grow infected, the gums retreat further. Also, the main ingredient of toothpastes, all toothpastes, is glycerine. Look on the label. Glycerine does not rinse off even after 5-10 rinses. It's that silky feeling you feel when you slide your tongue over freshly brushed teeth. It coats them. And guess what? Your teeth are already programmed by nature to remineralize by having your saliva coat them in the course of a day. The vitamins and minerals your body collects from food are present in minute quantities in your saliva and the minerals, if allowed to contact your tooth surfaces, will slowly build your enamel back up. If you use toothpaste, the glycerine acts as a barrier. Add the "tooth whiteners" in the toothpastes, and you're scrubbing the surfaces off every time you brush, then covering the exposed enamel with a surface your saliva cannot penetrate. Then you get tooth sensitivity and wonder why! Tooth sensitivity disappears after about four months of soap use.
Using soap, plain white bar soap, cleans the teeth thoroughly, kills the bacteria, helps heal the gums, and allows your saliva to replenish your enamel through remineralization, not to mention the absence of gum-killing flouride. So, I do have a method to my madness!
The soap will not whiten the teeth though and an occasional scrubbing with baking soda accomplishes that without being as harsh on the enamel as whitening toothpastes.
Whew! I wanted to explain the reasoning behind it before you start so you understand why I do it!

Old 12-07-2006, 11:44 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,265,828 times
Well thanks, that bar of soap was getting awfully crumbly.
I'll have to try that as I have sensitive teeth and I can not STAND to have any kind of breathe problems/smells, YUCK!!! I brush my teeth the minute I get up in the morning and probably about 3 more times before I leave.

How well does the baking soda work on those what were once white fillings that are now a light yellow? I'm not a coffee drinker either, just all those years of braces.

Old 12-07-2006, 11:44 AM

613 posts, read 737,018 times
Quote:
Well, not to diverge from the thread topic...but just so you understand! I use the Ivory Soap (bar soap only) to brush with because it thoroughly cleans the teeth, removes the bacteria, eliminates morning breath (I guess that has to do with fragrance... ), and keeps my brush clean. It also helps heal irritated gums. Now the purpose behind this is that most toothpastes have flouride. Flouride is poisonous to humans and it does NOT prevent cavities. It does harden the enamel, but if you have any type of microscopic hole or cavity developing, all the flouride will do is harden the sides of the cavity, not prevent it. Plus, Flouride disconnects the microscopic tethers that your gums use to attach themselves to your teeth. So it's a vicious cycle...you brush more often to prevent bacterial infection of the gums and stop recession, yet the Flouride amplifies the problem and the gums pull away, pockets of debris form, grow infected, the gums retreat further. Also, the main ingredient of toothpastes, all toothpastes, is glycerine. Look on the label. Glycerine does not rinse off even after 5-10 rinses. It's that silky feeling you feel when you slide your tongue over freshly brushed teeth. It coats them. And guess what? Your teeth are already programmed by nature to remineralize by having your saliva coat them in the course of a day. The vitamins and minerals your body collects from food are present in minute quantities in your saliva and the minerals, if allowed to contact your tooth surfaces, will slowly build your enamel back up. If you use toothpaste, the glycerine acts as a barrier. Add the "tooth whiteners" in the toothpastes, and you're scrubbing the surfaces off every time you brush, then covering the exposed enamel with a surface your saliva cannot penetrate. Then you get tooth sensitivity and wonder why! Tooth sensitivity disappears after about four months of soap use.
Using soap, plain white bar soap, cleans the teeth thoroughly, kills the bacteria, helps heal the gums, and allows your saliva to replenish your enamel through remineralization, not to mention the absence of gum-killing flouride. So, I do have a method to my madness!
The soap will not whiten the teeth though and an occasional scrubbing with baking soda accomplishes that without being as harsh on the enamel as whitening toothpastes.
Whew! I wanted to explain the reasoning behind it before you start so you understand why I do it!

WOW.....shall we call you Dr. Mo?

very interesting. Just be sure not to swallow the soap huh? I ate soap once when I was 3, had to be taken to the emergency room. My lips turned purple and turned inside out my parents said. I'm sure that was not a pretty sight!
I too use the bar....guess I need to place one on the lavitory now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty