Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 07:45 PM

421 posts, read 347,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I'm curious what cologne most of the men here prefer, and also which cologne wives or girlfriends prefer on their husbands and boyfriends? I'm also curious what perfumes women prefer for themselves, or what their husbands or boyfriends like on them?
I like for myself:
Obsession for Men
Joop
Boucheron
Jovan Musk Oil (believe it or not!)
(I'm going to a department store to buy Obsession and Joop Friday as I haven't bought any for a few years and I'm long out)

For women I like:
Happy (I love the smell of Happy on women. The men's version makes me puke).
White Shoulders
Chanel 5 or 19
Nina Ricci

What do you like for men and women?

That is soooo funny MoMark, I think the same about Happy. I like the women Happy and I bought my husband the men Happy and I didn't like it on him.

My new favorite perfume is by Donna Karan and it's called Be delicious it comes in red and green in an apple like bottle. The green is awesome get the green!! If anyone is strolling aroung the prefume counter stop and smell it! Everyday I get stopped and people ask me what I'm wearing.

I also like Este Lauder Beyond Paradise, Perry Ellis 360 , Jlo Glow.

Men's I like Perry Ellis 360, Victoria Secret has a fragrance but I forgot the name of it, CK, Obession for men.

MoMark are you sure it's White Shoulders you like or White Linen? I used to wear White Shoulders and White Linen back in the day, that means years ago. It's funny because my mother in-law buys me a bittle of White Shoulders every year, she still thinks I wear it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2006, 07:48 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweattea View Post
That is soooo funny MoMark, I think the same about Happy. I like the women Happy and I bought my husband the men Happy and I didn't like it on him.

My new favorite perfume is by Donna Karan and it's called Be delicious it comes in red and green in an apple like bottle. The green is awesome get the green!! If anyone is strolling aroung the prefume counter stop and smell it! Everyday I get stopped and people ask me what I'm wearing.

Men's I like Perry Ellis 360, Victoria Secret has a fragrance but I forgot the name of it, CK, Obession for men.

MoMark are you sure it's White Shoulders you like or White Linen? I used to wear White Shoulders and White Linen back in the day, that means years ago. It's funny because my mother in-law buys me a bittle of White Shoulders every year, she still thinks I wear it
White shoulders is the only perfume my mother in law will wear

Old 12-06-2006, 07:50 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,080,746 times
Ok,I want to know what the perfume is that little old women wear that I swear smells like mothballs?

Old 12-06-2006, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
I only like one cologne on a man- PS (Paul Sebastian)

On women;
Ralph Lauren
Channel 22
Liz Claiborne (stuck with me since the 80s)
Beautiful
Philosophy Pure Grace

Oh I forgot..........
Woo hoo Philosophy!! I am a Philosophy girl. I love Pure grace and Amazing grace. BTW their skin care line is AWESOME!!!!

Old 12-06-2006, 07:54 PM

I love this thread!!!!!!!! I love good smells. I hope everyone puts their 2 cents in. So far I have to go out and smell the Sarah Jessica Parker one. I saw it at Kohls today and I wanted to smell it but couldn't find a tester.

Old 12-06-2006, 07:54 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinFever View Post
MoMark,everytime I see you mention Jovan,it cracks me up.I just can't believe that stuff is still out there.Sorry,I'm not making fun of you,hope you don't take it that way.
Hey! I think it's funny too! That's the stuff I wore in the late 70's and early 80's in high school! Jovan Musk Oil is the cheapest stuff...but somehow... I still love it! I think because it boils down to a soft background scent, warm, and it goes well with my chemistry. I just smell good in it! And hey...in a moment of need, all I've got to do to get some is head to Walgreens!!! Such convenience! No offense taken, I know it's an anachronism, but....I still like it!!!

Old 12-06-2006, 08:00 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,983,593 times
Quote:

Isn't it weird that one version of a scent smells fantastic on women, but the men's version is crap (ex. Happy)? No, it's White Shoulders Sweattea...it's soft, feminine, subtle...I can just close my eyes and lean in and draw in every breath from that on warm skin...same for Happy I have to be careful at work when women wear either one because I react physically without really being aware of it, and not all women understand when a man who's not their husband leans in and is sniffing their shoulders and murmuring "mmmmmm"

Old 12-06-2006, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Isn't it weird that one version of a scent smells fantastic on women, but the men's version is crap (ex. Happy)? No, it's White Shoulders Sweattea...it's soft, feminine, subtle...I can just close my eyes and lean in and draw in every breath from that on warm skin...same for Happy I have to be careful at work when women wear either one because I react physically without really being aware of it, and not all women understand when a man who's not their husband leans in and is sniffing their shoulders and murmuring "mmmmmm"

Wow really? I have a bottle on my shelf in my bathroom for decoration, maybe I'll wear it tomorrow Oh I have Happy too.

Check out that Be delicious.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Hey! I think it's funny too! That's the stuff I wore in the late 70's and early 80's in high school! Jovan Musk Oil is the cheapest stuff...but somehow... I still love it! I think because it boils down to a soft background scent, warm, and it goes well with my chemistry. I just smell good in it! And hey...in a moment of need, all I've got to do to get some is head to Walgreens!!! Such convenience! No offense taken, I know it's an anachronism, but....I still like it!!!

I used to wear Love's baby soft and Love's musky jasmine in the 70's.

The 80's was Loren.

Old 12-06-2006, 08:28 PM

Location: Georgia.I rather be in GODS country Tennessee.Everybody knows Gods a VOLS fan.
597 posts, read 2,080,746 times
Quote:
I used to wear Love's baby soft and Love's musky jasmine in the 70's.

The 80's was Loren.
Loves baby soft,that brings back some memories.I remember buying that for a girl I was sweet on in the 7th grade.It was the first gift I ever gave to a girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty