Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 08:07 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
No they don't. I haven't been able to buy a bra to fit - well, EVER. You can almost never find anything above a C cup or over a 36 band. If you need a D cup, you can't find it in smaller than a 40 or 42 band size. I need an H cup, and no, I am NOT particularly well endowed. As I've mentioned elsewhere in this thread, most American women are walking around in bras that are several cup sizes too small.

I wear a 38 H. I have never seen anything in the stores over a D cup. I can hardly find a 38 band in any cup size at all, they seem to skip right over from a 36 to a 42 with little or nothing in between.

So no. The "shops" do NOT "have all sizes in bras to suit most women". If you'd not heard the likes of this before, you certainly have now.

I see you are in Scotland. Things may be different there. But here in the US, this is the situation with which we are faced.
I'd say you've been looking in the wrong places.

Nordstrom has a large selection of 38H bras. They may not have all of them in stock at a store, but you can buy online and then return what you don't want to a store, or you could call them and talk to someone in the lingerie department or a personal shopper. They can bring in a selection and make an appointment for you to come in and try them on.

Bras | Nordstrom

Old 08-19-2017, 08:24 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
No they don't. I haven't been able to buy a bra to fit - well, EVER. You can almost never find anything above a C cup or over a 36 band. If you need a D cup, you can't find it in smaller than a 40 or 42 band size. I need an H cup, and no, I am NOT particularly well endowed. As I've mentioned elsewhere in this thread, most American women are walking around in bras that are several cup sizes too small.

I wear a 38 H. I have never seen anything in the stores over a D cup. I can hardly find a 38 band in any cup size at all, they seem to skip right over from a 36 to a 42 with little or nothing in between.
Where are you shopping? I wear a 38DD and have never had a problem finding bras.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:28 PM

2,513 posts, read 2,073,191 times
Quote:
If you go down a band size, go up a cup size. If you go up a band size, go down a cup size.

In order to get my "proper" size in a "sister" size, I would have to go up 6" in a band size to a C cup size and then tailor the band to fit. That's a big tailoring job. I'm also not convinced that going that far afield in "sister" sizes would actually get me a cup size to fit even post-band-tailoring.

Google is your friend in these situations. Or is it a man-deficiency, similar to refusing to stop and ask for directions?

Geez, I have to write this down!! lol

I have a hard enough time trying to figure out what size to wear.
All this weight gain from menopause and I'm having to buy new bras, and more womanly styles.

Sorry...TMI...lol

Old 08-19-2017, 08:43 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
This is nuts.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:56 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Where are you shopping? I wear a 38DD and have never had a problem finding bras.
I a 34H - UK. Nordstrom used to carry my size often but not so often anymore. The brands that do generally have my size rarely make my size in many styles. I have a handful of brands that generally fit me well, are comfortable and reliably carry my size. Those brands are not stocked in many stores. It is difficult. I am busty but not overwhelmingly so. I shudder to think about the women who I see walking around much more well endowed than I.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:01 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMartha View Post
Bought some Betsey Johnson bras in my "sister size" (34C) as they were sold out in my regular size (36B). Debating as to whether or not I should exchange for the 36B.

Do you ever wear your sister sizes or stick with your regular size?
I tried that so I could purchase my favorite style bra that was discontinued in my size but still available in other sizes. Despite what I read on numerous websites about sister sizes fitting just fine, my sister size (36G) did not fit as well as my real size (34H). Strangely, both the band and the cup size were too loose. I wear the bra sometimes anyway, but it's just not that great. Ah well, lesson learned.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:09 PM

1,235 posts, read 732,267 times
Ashley Graham of the (full figure model fame) has bras at Nordstrom they begin at 38DD and stop at 44DD. And yes, this includes cup sizes with E, F, G and H.

Elomi (a Wacoal Brand) has similar sizes.

Curvy Kate

Curvy Couture

Chantelle

Wacoal Basic Beauty (my every day)

Wacoal Basic Beauty (full figure)

Natori up to a 44H

The problem I think for some women is that these larger cup sizes are often much more costlier. Many women don't want to spend the extra money for them as they can be expensive. This is why sister sizing and sales are a big part of my life.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGoldenLife View Post
Ashley Graham of the (full figure model fame) has bras at Nordstrom they begin at 38DD and stop at 44DD. And yes, this includes cup sizes with E, F, G and H.

Elomi (a Wacoal Brand) has similar sizes.

Curvy Kate

Curvy Couture

Chantelle

Wacoal Basic Beauty (my every day)

Wacoal Basic Beauty (full figure)

Natori up to a 44H

The problem I think for some women is that these larger cup sizes are often much more costlier. Many women don't want to spend the extra money for them as they can be expensive. This is why sister sizing and sales are a big part of my life.
Wacaol, Natori and Ashley Graham use American sizes which are two cups smaller than the UK equivalent. Chantelle runs smaller than U.K. sizes by a cup.

Elomi is U.K. sized, as is Curvy Kate.

Curvy Kate is not good is you have narrow shoulders - the straps sit wide.

Elomi is hit or miss on shape (not much projection) and the wires tend to run wide. If you have close set breasts the wires land in your armpits.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:00 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
I hate bras...

Old 08-20-2017, 05:19 AM

18,527 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
all our supermarkets here in Scotland are teaming with bigger size bra s ... Im a 36DD and have no bother at all finding them..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty