U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 04:44 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,251,351 times

Advertisements

I was wondering, does anyone here shop at Stein Mart?

We recently went to a different Stein Mart than our usual nearby location. I noticed that like Macy's, Stein Mart's selection seems to cater to the local demographics. Our local Stein Mart in Queen Creek no longer carries IZOD, however, this Stein Mart in Gilbert still carries IZOD and instead has dropped Nautica except for the dress shirts.

I'm a bit surprised about this, since Nautica is priced slightly higher than IZOD, while I'd expect that the average household income to be higher in Gilbert than in Queen Creek. In addition, this store in Gilbert is a significantly larger store than the one in Queen Creek. I even saw some IZOD shirts at this store that I haven't seen anywhere else, including some Saltwater Collection polo shirts.

From what I was told by a store associate, what brands to carry isn't determined by the store, but by upper management.

When the Queen Creek store carried IZOD, I have bought some stuff there in the past, including a Fairy Tale pink Interlock Feeder Stripe polo from the Spring 2015 collection.

I wonder, does anyone else here shop at Stein Mart? I'd like to come to this Gilbert store more often, particularly when they have the major sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 01:56 PM

5,124 posts, read 12,772,608 times
We don't have one close enough to me to make the trip worthwhile. But you're right...they do cater to the "area", as far as what they carry.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:07 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,251,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
We don't have one close enough to me to make the trip worthwhile. But you're right...they do cater to the "area", as far as what they carry.
And when they have the major sales, not just because they carry IZOD, but the fact that the Gilbert store is a significantly larger store than the Queen Creek store, I think it would be worth coming to this store from time to time.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:22 PM

21,524 posts, read 22,805,466 times
There's a Steinmart near my parents' house, and in the few times I've been there I get the sense that it's supposed to appeal to the kind of older lady who likes her clothes to have rhinestones and/or sequins on them.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:25 PM

8,014 posts, read 6,786,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
There's a Steinmart near my parents' house, and in the few times I've been there I get the sense that it's supposed to appeal to the kind of older lady who likes her clothes to have rhinestones and/or sequins on them.
Wrongo. I buy quite a bit of men's golf and general clothing at Steinmart. They are worth a look.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:29 PM

21,524 posts, read 22,805,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Wrongo. I buy quite a bit of men's golf and general clothing at Steinmart. They are worth a look.
Well, maybe the men's section is fine, but the women's section and housewares is full of some pretty fugly stuff.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:38 PM

8,014 posts, read 6,786,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Well, maybe the men's section is fine, but the women's section and housewares is full of some pretty fugly stuff.
Do not know. Never been in those sections..LOL

Old 08-21-2017, 03:48 PM

15,766 posts, read 3,168,864 times
I do sometimes

Old 08-21-2017, 08:03 PM

3,141 posts, read 3,976,020 times
The one in posh little Madison, Mississippi, with its Roman Imperial architecture, is probably the grandest of the Steinmarts: http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...rt-madison.jpg

But, when we flew into Madison for an afternoon (board meeting...), a few months back, the music inside the Steinmart was LOUD AND INTRUSIVE. I used to take new hires in there - the ones I was mentoring - to get suit-separates for the athletically-built younger guys, and jewelry for the women. The last couple of times, though, I couldn't hear myself think, for that insistent, invasive music.

We didn't stay long, or buy much. Nice crowd, though. Half the cars in the parking lot seemed to be Mercedes S-class or Lexus L-class, and every vehicle was newish, and either 'Luxury', or 'Near-luxury'.

On our way out the door, we heard some well-dressed kids having their purchases rung-up, exclaiming (after a one-day-only discount was added to their markdowns - basically discount, on top of discount, on top of discount), "OK, now I LOVE this place!"

Old 08-21-2017, 09:31 PM

910 posts, read 510,277 times
Yes, love it. They have good sales and a variety of nice clothing. For example, Anne Klein, Michael Kors, Tahari, Ivanka Trump, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty