Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 09:45 AM

784 posts, read 1,980,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Men shouldn't wear capri pants, IMO.

Men have been wearing capri pants for the past 25 years, except they call them shorts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2018, 04:39 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
I first saw this a few months back but notice it's catching on more and more. My work dress code is business casual and some obviously go even more casual.

I see quite a few men wearing really tight pants that stop about 2-3" above their ankles when standing and even higher when sitting. It's sometimes dress pants or maybe even more casual pants. They usually match this up with some kind of loafer and no socks and an untucked shirt on top. Most of the guys doing this have big thick beards and short hair on top I've noticed. They also do this same look with suits, with the pants being really short and extremely tight and no socks on the dress shoes.

Is anyone seeing this elsewhere?

I'm so out of the loop with my somewhat baggy pants and tucked in button up shirts. I probably truly look like a geek.
Seattle/Portland hipster look. Saw a man at my bank today dressed that way. To each their own.

Old 02-08-2018, 05:01 PM

2,331 posts, read 1,994,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
It's a hipster thing. I see it all over Venice and Santa Monica. I HATE that look on guys. To each their own, though, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Men shouldn't wear capri pants, IMO.
Yeah. Ditto. I guess it just proves, once again, that it doesn't have to look good to be stylish. Not to mention not being practical. It was a thing when I was young to wear loafers with no socks - but you know, you can't walk more than a couple of blocks like that without getting blisters. But for us, it was part of the beach thing (growing up in a beach town), so it didn't have to be practical for walking. I moved to a northeastern town where everybody hiked, and the mode for stylish footgear was heavy mountain hiking boots. With two pairs of socks.

But highwater pants? Not even.

Old 02-08-2018, 05:18 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
I've always wondered if men actually find those really tight skinny jeans/pants comfortable. It seems like .....stuff would be squished in uncomfortable ways.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:47 PM

4,212 posts, read 6,898,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I've always wondered if men actually find those really tight skinny jeans/pants comfortable. It seems like .....stuff would be squished in uncomfortable ways.
I've always preferred very slim/skinny jeans. I find them to be much more comfortable than anything loose. They also just fit in with the way I dress overall too.

Then again I also hated boxers back when all my friends were wearing them as a kid and quickly moved to boxer briefs. So maybe maybe I just like it nice and snug in general haha.

Old 02-08-2018, 07:51 PM

927 posts, read 757,670 times
men should wear aloha shirts and forget this dumb business look

Old 02-09-2018, 07:47 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,518,461 times
When I first saw this guy I honestly thought it was some sort of costume or something. I had to think about if it was some sort of dress weird at work day. I've only seen it on a few guys now so it's not as widespread as I initially thought.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:16 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Repeat fashion from 1950s and 60s; they were called cigarette pants for women. Beatles wore the skinny suit pants in the mid 60s with skinny neckties.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:19 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
I understand that this look is not really one for conservative workplaces, but really, the air in here seems a little... stuffy.
I think these outfits can look good on some men. Typically works best on a slim guy who is good at pairing colors. Not always sold on beards though.

Old 02-10-2018, 06:00 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,380,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes, they're called cropped trousers:

ASOS | ASOS Skinny Crop Smart Pants In Navy

Wow I'm sorry but I couldn't take a man seriously if he was dressed like that. To each his own though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty