U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 03:40 PM

5,291 posts, read 7,246,689 times
There's always the "old faithful", Mason Shoes. I used to sell them back in the mid 70s. Talked to a man last year who bought a pair from me back then and says he's still wearing them!
Mason Easy-Pay -

Click on the bottom and see all the sizes and widths they have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 03:58 PM

Location: Halloween always comes in October. Because thats when the Candy Corn gets ripe.
1,821 posts, read 3,600,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabumom07 View Post
I saw the term "Vegan" on one of the many shoe websites I have visited this month, as a category for shoes not made of leather, but all the earth ma-ma type. I would wear alot of them, but my daughter has no interest in them.
Truly, I would think this is a great opportunity for shoe designers. She likes/can afford brand names like Candies/ Mudd/ o. But they stop at a size 10M ( too small in the toes) and jump to an 11M which is too big and fall off. She has tried on about 20 prs. NONE fit. She is actually hoping her feet grow so she can at least be an 11 M , which is hard to find anyhow. GGGrrrrrrr!!!
I wear a 10 1/2 W too. I find that 11M casual shoes fit ok if I wear thick socks. Dress shoes will fit if you insert some of those thick expensive insoles. Depends on the shoe sometimes you might need to add a thin insole too if the first insole doesnt take up enuf room. . If you buy cheap shoes a nice thick insole is a bonus

I dont wear heels any more but when I did I used a full insole and added a 1/2 one for the ball of my foot. All that padding definitly helps your standing stamina..

Old 04-01-2009, 01:04 PM

425 posts, read 653,475 times
Softspots! LOVE em!

Softspots.com

Old 04-04-2009, 10:39 AM

1,520 posts, read 772,866 times
I went into a shoe store a couple of years ago looking for a pair of "granny boots" - the ankle boots with a heel that lace up. I like them because I have what the salesman called the triple threat. I wear a size 10-11 but 1) wide foot in front 2) narrow heel & 3) high arch. The arch is what really keeps me from being able to wear many things - which is why I want a lace up boot. It is so frustrating to find a pair of shoes that fit the front of my foot but my heel just pops right on out! I am thankful that I have feet and the ability to walk, I just would like to find shoes that are not painful or fugly. Dress shoes are the hardest to find.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 AM

13,321 posts, read 29,633,471 times
hdinia
I have similar issues.
When I wear orthotics, these problems go away.
But I wore out the one pair I had--they are literally in tatters.
I hate having the heels of my shoes slip 'n slide.
I might get some over-the-counter heel inserts from the drug store.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:29 PM

5,577 posts, read 7,992,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Dansko (not fancy, but rugged and long-lasting)
Actually Dansko has some cute strappy sandals now... love Dansko.

Dr. Martens has some great shoes right now, too. They even have pumps!

Sofft has great shoes for wide feet. Very comfy but there is a break-in period - be warned.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:52 AM

13,321 posts, read 29,633,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Actually Dansko has some cute strappy sandals now... love Dansko.
Yeah, I actually have a pair--the Lotus. But still, straps and all, they have kind of a rugged look, especially with the visible staples on some. Not that I worry too much about it, comfort is my main motivation.

Those Doc Martens are darned cute--however, the site does not give any indication of widths.... Do they run wide?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:28 PM

5,577 posts, read 7,992,474 times
These are sweet, too: The Official Dr. Martens USA Store - MARIA

I have wide feet, and doc martens have always fit me really good. Maybe try calling or emailing them? Contacting Us

Old 04-10-2009, 01:37 PM

3,286 posts, read 5,015,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Yes, I mentioned Nordstrom's way back in post #4.But as Luv says, if only there were a Nordstroms nearby.
Nordstroms Rack -- same exact shoes from Nordstroms but 1/2 price or more. Tons of selection for wide and larger-sized feet (i.e., 11,12, etc.). I am on the East Coast so am not sure where other Nordstrom's Racks may be located.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:32 AM

3 posts, read 8,063 times
I have wide feet and i use DUO.

They do great wide fit shoes and their website, www.duoboots.com has plenty of choice its well worth a look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty