Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 06:35 PM

658 posts, read 843,749 times

Advertisements

Wide foot-er here, lol! Try chadwicks, jessica london and I think roaman's have shoes for wide and extra wide feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 05:19 AM

7 posts, read 7,357 times
I sympathise. I don't even bother with dress or high-heeled shoes anymore - They just don't fit my wide feet. You have to ask yourself - why do such a vast number of people wear shoes - sometimes on a daily basis - that do not fit properly thus causing pain and eventually disfigurement of the feet. Flats, flip flops and plimsolls are my best friends and would be better all the time. People should try and find shoes that really fit them and be honest with themselves (and kind to their feet!). I measured my feet recently and got appropriately sized footwear as a result.

Last edited by LauSpeaks; 05-25-2010 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: link did not work

Old 05-28-2010, 11:25 AM

5,118 posts, read 16,545,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes View Post
JCPenney : women's shoes : shop by width (http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X3.aspx?DeptID=61482&CatID=61760&cmCatLevel=3&CmCa tId=61482 - broken link)

I have some stylin' kicks .. many of them have skid resistant soles
Thanks for the link. This is what I found in my size 6W. See why I'm so frustrated? Nothing but ugly or athletic. Can't win.

Old 07-30-2010, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,924 times
Wide fitting shoes are absolutely not a problem! People with wide feet may also find that they have trouble wearing any kind of shoe where the length of the foot. You can visit this sites Webstershoes.co.uk thers an information on foot conditions. Websters provides information on foot pain, foot conditions, comfort and performance footwear.

Webstershoes

Old 07-31-2010, 12:15 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,568,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv80s View Post
I hate to say it but I have big wide feet. I'm talking Frodo feet. Maybe not that bad but still I hate my feet. I'm petite and I feel like they are so out of proportion with my body. I can wear anything from a size 8.5 wide to size 10. Usually I wear about a 9.5 depending on the shoe.

I wish I could wear cute sexy strappy sandals and heels but some the shoes are made so narrow and make my feet look huge. Every once in awhile I find some cute heels I like but not really. When I wear a skirt I feel like all that is noticed is my Fred Flinstone feet, lol.

Do any of you ladies have this problem finding shoes? Where are some good places or brands to shop for cute sexy shoes that fit wide feet such as mine? I know Payless has some cute styles but there shoes wear out pretty fast.

Thanks for the help!
Shoebuy website has an option to choose only wide, normal, or narrow shoes depending on what you're looking for. They have expensive, normal, and some cheap brands, so I think you'd be able to find better quality products.

EDIT: ugh, I just realized someone upped this old thread.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,697 times
I also have those thick "Bedrock" feet and happen to be a petite and athletic woman! It's usually the result of athleticism or years of barefooting, which causes such disproportionately large feet. More to enjoy and/or massage, as far as I'm concerned! I've often worn 9.5s and 10s AND had difficulty finding cute shoes that fit my beefy peds! I'm an avid barefooter often to the demise of my nylon hosiery....5'3", 120 lbs and curvy with a pixie haircut and "extra-wide width wonders"! I still get teased about the size and shape of my feet, which aren't just big but equally exotic. Both big toes are abnormally bulbous, curving upward and extending about a half-inch beyond the other plump toes. My heels are equally wide, and the balls of my feet are pronounced to give the appearance of bunions. Long French pedicured toenails, the thickness of my feet/toes, and the roughness of my soles and heels from years of barefooting are horrible for my hosiery budget. Nevertheless, I prefer the ultra sheer brands, which are a requirement for my job in legal. Yet, I often complain about my "Fred Flintstone Hobbitt" feet, and the last guy I dated seemed to derive a twisted satisfaction from teasing me about my toe jam! Lol. This post brings back such memories!

Old 07-02-2014, 05:16 AM

7 posts, read 7,588 times
great piece of information given about shoes will be really useful in future...

Old 07-24-2014, 01:51 AM

7 posts, read 7,588 times
this is kind of information which is useful at every point in your life so thanks for the information and world is moving online so this information and verity as well is verry useful..

Old 07-24-2014, 05:04 PM

15,108 posts, read 27,560,213 times
I just picked up some Crocs (not the usual ones w/the holes/clog style) - they are more ballerina type flats - and they come in wide - I wear a 6 so I can't find them at some places suggested that cater to larger women sizes. Granted they aren't sexy like someone asked for but I find them to be very comfy.

Old 07-25-2014, 07:30 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,661,707 times
I have wide feet too. Always a challenge to find shoes that properly fit and are comfortable. I was always size 8 that was not such a problem. Then my foot went to 8.5 and for some reason my foot went to 9 so now I wear 9 - 9.5. I find medium width won't stretch enough (unless it's a higher quality shoe) and many times if I buy wide width then after wearing awhile they stretch out too much, which I'd rather have.

I hardly ever buy shoes, I too, want the cute strappy high heel sandal, however, the medium width and no give to the material can never wear.

I really like Aerosoles - they come in medium width soft comfortable fabric with a lot of give. I like the shoe name: Badofroses - really comfortable - I have in every color - they're just a slip on cushion sandal - really easy to wear. Can walk all day in these and my feet never hurt.

Also, really like Naturalizer shoes - they're made similar to Aerosoles

Just recently was looking at Easy Spirit shoes the medium was wide enough and I think they make wide widths, too.

My Favorite: I was shopping end of the season and found all the winter boots on sale. I love Tahari and found one pair size 10 m and thought this is going to be way to big, but I tried them anyway (I've learned with my wide foot I can't be too picky) and although they were a little big I'll put the cushion foot liner and wear with socks. The style is TA-ORTLEY They come in black and brown. The style of the shoe has a lot of foot surface even for the medium width. They're beautifully made, nice quality and will last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty