Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 02:22 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,786,156 times

Advertisements

I use the "ten foot rule": don't bathe until someone can smell you at ten feet. It saves soap, shampoo, and water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 02:38 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,914,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
I use the "ten foot rule": don't bathe until someone can smell you at ten feet. It saves soap, shampoo, and water.
OH DirtGrinder. That might be pushing it a little too far. Maybe down to 2 foot?? Come on for humanity sake.

LOL At least turn your T-shirts and underwear inside out once a week to get the clean side well we will not go there. Hahaha I really needed a laugh today. Now out to turn my yard into a concentration camp surrounded by electric fence I can guarantee you I will need to shower when this day is done.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:44 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,786,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
...At least turn your T-shirts and underwear inside out once a week to get the clean side...
Ha ha!!! I'm definitely going to use that line.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:11 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,914,444 times
Quote:
Ha ha!!! I'm definitely going to use that line.
LOL Glad you appreciated it. Be my guest. I did not make it up. No idea where it came from. I think hubby used to say it. Joking of course. Then again on hunting trips not so much. EEEWWWEEEE the laundry that came home from those hunting trips. I guess the whole point then was to be sure no human scent remained good bad or otherwise. The walking dead. I would rather kiss the mules when he got home, and did, than him. I swear after one hunting trip he tossed his laundry in the machine. Thank GOD I did not have to touch it. Turned on the machine with soap and dang if I did not smell some thing awful and went to check and the washer was on fire. Laughing so hard those were the days. Miss that guy.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:13 PM

19,051 posts, read 25,170,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Yep, that's weird.
Yes, but even weirder are the folks who don't perceive that they have an odor problem.
Many decades ago, my mother worked with a woman who REEKED from a horrendous perspiration/hygiene problem.

Finally, all of the women who worked around that woman agreed to cooperate on a venture to--hopefully--deodorize the workplace. At lunch one day, they went around the table, with each woman reciting which deodorant/antiperspirant she used, and why she liked a particular product--with the goal of influencing the stinky woman in their midst to clean-up her act.

When the roundtable finally got to the offender, she confidently announced, "Those products are only for dirty people, and I'm not dirty". Everyone had to learn to live with a very dirty, very smelly woman who did not share similar values in regard to hygiene.

Many years later, I worked with a guy who also REEKED. One day, I asked him what deodorant/antiperspirant he preferred, and--just like my mother's co-worker--he announced that those products were only for "dirty people", and he was not "dirty".

I asked him what his daily post-shower regimen consisted of, and he stated that, after his shower, he applied Johnson's Baby Powder to his underarms. I guess that explained why, by the end of the day, he smelled like a baby with a really bad hygiene problem.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:43 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,687,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamingx View Post
Lucky

I get paranoid so I do extra things lol.

You can't hide STANK ...you can just cover it up.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:44 PM

50,091 posts, read 63,467,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Yes, but even weirder are the folks who don't perceive that they have an odor problem.
Many decades ago, my mother worked with a woman who REEKED from a horrendous perspiration/hygiene problem.

Finally, all of the women who worked around that woman agreed to cooperate on a venture to--hopefully--deodorize the workplace. At lunch one day, they went around the table, with each woman reciting which deodorant/antiperspirant she used, and why she liked a particular product--with the goal of influencing the stinky woman in their midst to clean-up her act.

When the roundtable finally got to the offender, she confidently announced, "Those products are only for dirty people, and I'm not dirty". Everyone had to learn to live with a very dirty, very smelly woman who did not share similar values in regard to hygiene.

Many years later, I worked with a guy who also REEKED. One day, I asked him what deodorant/antiperspirant he preferred, and--just like my mother's co-worker--he announced that those products were only for "dirty people", and he was not "dirty".

I asked him what his daily post-shower regimen consisted of, and he stated that, after his shower, he applied Johnson's Baby Powder to his underarms. I guess that explained why, by the end of the day, he smelled like a baby with a really bad hygiene problem.
There is something troubling about a man who smells like a baby. It's just wrong.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:59 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,760,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shades_of_idaho View Post
Hahahaha made me laugh. Thanks
I'm glad! Come on over for a free power wash in my driveway.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:02 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,760,909 times
Quote:
I thought you were going to say that you don't bathe until you smell like ten stinky feet.
Shower once every two weeks, whether you need it or not.

Spray a little Febreze on yourself. Good as new.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:21 PM

2,911 posts, read 2,021,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
YES!! I am meticulous and always have been. I use soap, then shower gel, and finish with some kind of sugar scrub.

I have to comment on the "no deodorant" trend. It's not working, people. Trust me, you have B.O. Even if you cannot smell yourself, the rest of us do! The home-made, natural stuff doesn't cut the odor or wetness.
This!! And for people who smoke, PLEASE dry clean or wash your outer garments also. You may not can smell it, but that smoke smell penetrates everything and you walk around smelling like a smoke stack to others all the time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty