Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 12:35 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,862,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Okay, my 30th Birthday is coming up this December, and since pink is my favorite color, I was wondering, would it be a good idea to have an all-pink party where everyone wears pink? My outfit will be my IZOD Pelican Print Newport Oxford in Fairy Tale pink.

My concern would be that it might turn off a lot of men. Also, during that time of year, pink clothing isn't widely available in stores, since pink is usually part of fashion companies' Spring collections, while that time of year the Fall collections are still mostly available (although for women's clothing Resort collections are typically also available). However, IZOD did release a small number of Spring 2017 products last year in mid-November.

What does anyone think about this idea? Note that I would not mandate any specific shade of pink, since some people may prefer darker shades of pink.

Do it and have fun! Its your birthday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 12:39 PM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
I can't believe you know what shirt came out from which collection in a specific season and year. I recently bought jeans at Old Navy and have no idea if I bought them in September or October.

When is this party? I would have thought the party would have happened by now.

You should really contact them and see about being some Instagram poster or something. You enjoy the brand so much...you should be some sort of ambassador.
IZOD (and I believe the other PVH brands) indicates on the inner left tag which seasonal collection a specific product is part of. This shirt has "S2017" on the tag. IZOD has three seasonal collections per year - Spring, Fall, and Holiday, plus the year-round Basic collection.

My party is in December.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:06 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
IZOD (and I believe the other PVH brands) indicates on the inner left tag which seasonal collection a specific product is part of. This shirt has "S2017" on the tag. IZOD has three seasonal collections per year - Spring, Fall, and Holiday, plus the year-round Basic collection.

My party is in December.
Man, you know a lot about them! I have no idea what the tags in my clothes say....LOL

Seriously you should try to become some soft of brand ambassador like on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, what other social media is there?

I can't believe you were picking out your clothes in October for a party in December. What if something else comes along? Then you might have to redo the whole outfit. And here I am taking about 5 seconds to grab whatever clothes are on top of the piles in my closet. You must hate people like me! LOL

Old 11-01-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Man, you know a lot about them! I have no idea what the tags in my clothes say....LOL

Seriously you should try to become some soft of brand ambassador like on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, what other social media is there?

I can't believe you were picking out your clothes in October for a party in December. What if something else comes along? Then you might have to redo the whole outfit. And here I am taking about 5 seconds to grab whatever clothes are on top of the piles in my closet. You must hate people like me! LOL
While a small number of Spring 2018 products might be released this month, I doubt the entire collection will be released. IZOD does not release entire collections at once; it is done in phases. For example, with Spring 2017, while my Fairy Tale Feeder Stripe Advantage Polo was released in November 2016, my Fairy Tale Newport Oxford Pelican Print shirt was released in February 2017, even though both are part of the Spring 2017 collection. There were even a few Spring 2017 products that were released as late as April 2017, since remember that Spring collections also include Summer, just as Fall also includes Winter. Primarily, the late Spring 2017 releases had a lot of short sleeve button-down shirts, as did the early Fall 2017 releases.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:31 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Pink, no one is actually asking for all these details. No one cares a fraction of how much you do.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:06 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
You are like the Rainman of IZOD.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:57 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Pink, no one is actually asking for all these details. No one cares a fraction of how much you do.

I don't think he understands that WHATSOEVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
You are like the Rainman of IZOD.
X1000.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:01 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
IZOD is more than polos and golf shirts. They have fashionable button-downs; one of my favorites that they came out with in their Spring 2017 collection is the Newport Oxford Pelican Print shirt in Fairy Tale pink, which I plan to wear to my party.
I'm sorry but IZOD and fashionable don't belong in the same sentence. No one thinks "oh look at that IZOD!" No. One.

Most of their clientele is middle aged men. Their shirts look like every other shirt on the planet. I know you won't accept that but it's the truth.

Old 11-01-2017, 05:10 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
No pink. Men hate that color. I can’t understand why women are so attached to it. UGLY..

Old 11-01-2017, 08:15 PM

Listen everyone, I am not asking everyone to wear IZOD, however, I am encouraging guests to wear pink in my party. The pink clothing doesn't have to be IZOD. Since IZOD hasn't made women's clothing in a while and won't be bringing it back until February, IZOD probably won't be an option for them. The pink doesn't have to be Fairy Tale or a similar shade either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty