U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 07:35 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,339,680 times

Advertisements

I knew someone who did something similar (although it was a different color). She was really upset when the day came and not a single person showed up. Might work for a child's birthday party, but, it did not go over well with her adult friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 08:59 PM

4,324 posts, read 6,858,424 times
The problem with buying several T-shirts is knowing to buy the right sizes. Also what if they don't show up? Wasted money.

As stated, perhaps I can encourage the guests to wear pink, but not make it a requirement. I won't make anyone wear IZOD either.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:01 PM

9,094 posts, read 12,872,806 times
Black/white with OP providing an assortment of pink accessories to choose from on arrival? Bow ties, brooches, hair bands, suspenders, scarves, hats? Of course only OP knows if his friends would be the type to willingly participate in something of the sort.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:55 PM
Status: "I dont descriminate ... I have everyone the same : )" (set 23 hours ago)

6,402 posts, read 3,012,914 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
That sounds like a fun theme. You can also have pink buttons for anyone not wearing pink. Or get pink Mardi Gras beads.

Theme parties are big where I live, it would be a hit.
That is a great idea to help ensure no one is left out.

Old 09-28-2017, 09:57 PM
Status: "I dont descriminate ... I have everyone the same : )" (set 23 hours ago)

6,402 posts, read 3,012,914 times
Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post
I knew someone who did something similar (although it was a different color). She was really upset when the day came and not a single person showed up. Might work for a child's birthday party, but, it did not go over well with her adult friends.
I have heard of people do thing and it working out. It depends on the freinds being invited.

Old 09-29-2017, 04:27 AM

6,123 posts, read 7,155,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary2014 View Post

??? She didn't request RSVP?

Old 09-29-2017, 05:04 AM

5,394 posts, read 4,495,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
The problem with buying several T-shirts is knowing to buy the right sizes. Also what if they don't show up? Wasted money.

As stated, perhaps I can encourage the guests to wear pink, but not make it a requirement. I won't make anyone wear IZOD either.
How does that make a party more enjoyable for your guests?

Old 09-29-2017, 05:31 AM

11,232 posts, read 12,579,480 times
Quote:
Okay, my 30th Birthday is coming up this December, and since pink is my favorite color, I was wondering, would it be a good idea to have an all-pink party where everyone wears pink? My outfit will be my IZOD Pelican Print Newport Oxford in Fairy Tale pink. ....

What does anyone think about this idea? Note that I would not mandate any specific shade of pink, since some people may prefer darker shades of pink.
Thirty years old!!!! Good grief, surely black is the only appropriate color for such an occasion.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:43 AM

12,558 posts, read 11,803,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
If you want everyone to wear pink, then you should provide t-shirts for everyone. There are plenty of women who don't normally wear pink, not just men.
My wardrobe is almost entirely black and gray - I hate bothering with matching stuff!

Old 09-29-2017, 06:58 AM

20,928 posts, read 21,572,635 times
Quote:

What about the money you are expecting your guests who don't normally wear pink to spend in order to attend your party? That's just as wasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty