Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 08:04 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,390,994 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't treat your friends like decorations...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 08:34 AM

7,982 posts, read 5,335,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Perhaps I can encourage guests to wear pink, but not make it a requirement.
^ I think this is a good compromise. Provide some pink beads, sun glasses, hats, etc, then if guests want to partake they can. Have fun, it is your birthday!

Old 09-29-2017, 08:54 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,306,704 times
Quote:
I won't make anyone wear IZOD either.
How big of you.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:02 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,200,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
How big of you.
lol exactly.

Dude, you're 30. Just stop. No more color and brand obsessions...and a huge pink bday? I thought you lived at home with your parents and your dad hated your whole obsession thing?

Old 09-29-2017, 10:03 AM

2,606 posts, read 2,686,295 times
I love when women celebrate their milestone birthday with oommp. I wish I did but I was a chicken. I like to hide under my bed and spent the day alone thinking of future goals and reflecting on past

I think saying "wear something pink" is a good start. someone can wear purse or jewelry if they don't want to wear a full dress. Make it an optional, so its fun especially those girls who might have a pink dress in closet but is too afraid to wear it. It might give excuse to pull it out. Make it optional & have few beads for girls to wear if they show up with no pink. I thin its cute idea, go for it but don't be too strict about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Thirty years old!!!! Good grief, surely black is the only appropriate color for such an occasion.
Although this statement is mean, I must say some how my choose of color has been dark color since I turn 30. I use to be the one wearing red, yellow, green.. any bright colors but last 2 years I have been leaning toward navy, black, olive. It makes me look skinner, which is nice & capsule wardrobe is much easier.

Old 09-29-2017, 10:08 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,038,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
I love when women celebrate their milestone birthday with oommp. I wish I did but I was a chicken. I like to hide under my bed and spent the day alone thinking of future goals and reflecting on past

I think saying "wear something pink" is a good start. someone can wear purse or jewelry if they don't want to wear a full dress. Make it an optional, so its fun especially those girls who might have a pink dress in closet but is too afraid to wear it. It might give excuse to pull it out. Make it optional & have few beads for girls to wear if they show up with no pink. I thin its cute idea, go for it but don't be too strict about it.

Although this statement is mean, I must say some how my choose of color has been dark color since I turn 30. I use to be the one wearing red, yellow, green.. any bright colors but last 2 years I have been leaning toward navy, black, olive. It makes me look skinner, which is nice & capsule wardrobe is much easier.
OP is not a woman.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:56 AM

7,302 posts, read 12,216,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
OP is not a woman.
Yes, I am a guy, but pink is my signature color. Especially light pink such as Fairy Tale.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:31 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,515,918 times
Quote:
Okay, my 30th Birthday is coming up this December, and since pink is my favorite color, I was wondering, would it be a good idea to have an all-pink party where everyone wears pink? My outfit will be my IZOD Pelican Print Newport Oxford in Fairy Tale pink.

My concern would be that it might turn off a lot of men. Also, during that time of year, pink clothing isn't widely available in stores, since pink is usually part of fashion companies' Spring collections, while that time of year the Fall collections are still mostly available (although for women's clothing Resort collections are typically also available). However, IZOD did release a small number of Spring 2017 products last year in mid-November.

What does anyone think about this idea? Note that I would not mandate any specific shade of pink, since some people may prefer darker shades of pink.
Do you want people to come to party? Do you want them to enjoy themselves?

If I were invited to a party where I was told I had to wear only pink, I would not be attending. I won't buy clothing or shoes for an event that I won't wear or use again. I don't own pink. It's my least favorite color. I can only think of 2 guys I know who own a pink shirt.

Just because you like IZOD doesn't mean anyone else does. Doesn't mean anyone else will buy their items either. Wear what you want and let others wear what they want. It's a party! Lighten up.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:34 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,515,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
What about the money you are expecting your guests who don't normally wear pink to spend in order to attend your party? That's just as wasted.
Absolutely! Sorry, it's not my party so I'm not buying anything to wear to attend. I hate pink! I know many women who hate pink. I don't know any guys who are in love with it either.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:35 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,191,740 times
I'm just happy if everyone wears a shirt and shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty