U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 11:36 AM

12,305 posts, read 10,065,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
OP is not a woman.
Oh! That makes this BIZARRE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 11:44 AM

12,305 posts, read 10,065,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Yes, I am a guy, but pink is my signature color. Especially light pink such as Fairy Tale.
Trying to be Julia Roberts? Blush and bashful were her signature colors in Steel Magnolias.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:48 AM

15,762 posts, read 13,191,044 times
Quote:
Okay, my 30th Birthday is coming up this December, and since pink is my favorite color, I was wondering, would it be a good idea to have an all-pink party where everyone wears pink? My outfit will be my IZOD Pelican Print Newport Oxford in Fairy Tale pink.

My concern would be that it might turn off a lot of men. Also, during that time of year, pink clothing isn't widely available in stores, since pink is usually part of fashion companies' Spring collections, while that time of year the Fall collections are still mostly available (although for women's clothing Resort collections are typically also available). However, IZOD did release a small number of Spring 2017 products last year in mid-November.

What does anyone think about this idea? Note that I would not mandate any specific shade of pink, since some people may prefer darker shades of pink.
What are you 10?

What adult makes such a big deal about their favorite color?

Not for nothing I know many women who would not go to a party where they were required to wear pink.

Old 09-29-2017, 11:56 AM

4,637 posts, read 7,207,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Do you want people to come to party? Do you want them to enjoy themselves?

If I were invited to a party where I was told I had to wear only pink, I would not be attending. I won't buy clothing or shoes for an event that I won't wear or use again. I don't own pink. It's my least favorite color. I can only think of 2 guys I know who own a pink shirt.

Just because you like IZOD doesn't mean anyone else does. Doesn't mean anyone else will buy their items either. Wear what you want and let others wear what they want. It's a party! Lighten up.
As I stated in an earlier post, the pink clothing doesn't have to be IZOD. As long as it is any shade of pink, I would be okay with it.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:01 PM

16,724 posts, read 13,694,695 times
Quote:
As long as it is any shade of pink, I would be okay with it.
Are you okay with nobody coming to your party?

Because I don't know any man who will wear pink, only two women that would, and nobody who would wear a certain color to a party where they are required to wear it.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:12 PM

2,069 posts, read 1,329,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Thirty years old!!!! Good grief, surely black is the only appropriate color for such an occasion.
Quote:
Yes, I am a guy, but pink is my signature color. Especially light pink such as Fairy Tale.
sorry should have paid attention to your name and sign below. My bad

Old 09-29-2017, 12:33 PM

8,054 posts, read 3,896,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I'm just happy if everyone wears a shirt and shoes.
Pants optional? LOL

Old 09-29-2017, 12:37 PM

4,637 posts, read 7,207,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post

Because I don't know any man who will wear pink, only two women that would, and nobody who would wear a certain color to a party where they are required to wear it.
I am considering just encouraging guests to wear pink but not making it a requirement.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:42 PM

19,047 posts, read 10,073,270 times
Even "encouraging" guests to wear pink comes across as a bit controlling. I know that this is a party to celebrate your birthday, but a good host should strive to make his guests feel as welcome as possible. Presumably your friends already know how you feel about pink - I would not be surprised if you received some pink gifts or at least gifts wrapped in pink. I would not ask your guests to go beyond that to try to control the color they dress in.

Be lavish with pink decorations if you want, but let your guests be comfortable and not feel like they have to purchase clothing the would not otherwise wear for this single event.

Old 09-29-2017, 12:42 PM

4,948 posts, read 2,570,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss20ts View Post
Oh! That makes this BIZARRE!
?? Welcome to the modern world--I honestly do not find it bizarre! I live in a very liberal world and work for a very liberal Company--I find nothing odd about it Variety is what makes life interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
It really depends what kind of friends he has. I have a flamboyant friend, I have a transgender friend-- in both situations they have lots of friends that would go along with a party theme.

Last edited by GiGi603; 09-29-2017 at 01:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty