U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 11:41 AM

3,785 posts, read 6,229,981 times

Advertisements

Okay, my 30th Birthday is coming up this December, and since pink is my favorite color, I was wondering, would it be a good idea to have an all-pink party where everyone wears pink? My outfit will be my IZOD Pelican Print Newport Oxford in Fairy Tale pink.

My concern would be that it might turn off a lot of men. Also, during that time of year, pink clothing isn't widely available in stores, since pink is usually part of fashion companies' Spring collections, while that time of year the Fall collections are still mostly available (although for women's clothing Resort collections are typically also available). However, IZOD did release a small number of Spring 2017 products last year in mid-November.

What does anyone think about this idea? Note that I would not mandate any specific shade of pink, since some people may prefer darker shades of pink.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2017, 11:57 AM

4,221 posts, read 2,195,272 times
I think if it were me, I'd simply use my favorite color to decorate and not require guests to wear it, as well. I'd be hard pressed to find anything pink in my own closet at this point (I loved it when I was in my 30s, too. It's a great color!) But you might have some people who really balk at the idea of having to wear a certain color, especially if it's not already hanging in their closet, you know?

If YOU wear your signature pink, you stand out... it's your birthday.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:00 PM

4,472 posts, read 1,962,819 times
Personally, I hate parties that require me to wear a specific color. Sorry.

You won't just turn off men. There are a lot of women who hate pink too.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:01 PM

3,785 posts, read 6,229,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I think if it were me, I'd simply use my favorite color to decorate and not require guests to wear it, as well. I'd be hard pressed to find anything pink in my own closet at this point (I loved it when I was in my 30s, too. It's a great color!) But you might have some people who really balk at the idea of having to wear a certain color, especially if it's not already hanging in their closet, you know?

If YOU wear your signature pink, you stand out... it's your birthday.
Perhaps I can encourage guests to wear pink, but not make it a requirement.

Old 09-28-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Perhaps I can encourage guests to wear pink, but not make it a requirement.
Excellent compromise.

Old 09-28-2017, 04:49 PM
Status: "In search of a set of baby unicorns.." (set 1 day ago)

5,605 posts, read 2,314,607 times
Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Okay, my 30th Birthday is coming up this December, and since pink is my favorite color, I was wondering, would it be a good idea to have an all-pink party where everyone wears pink? My outfit will be my IZOD Pelican Print Newport Oxford in Fairy Tale pink.

My concern would be that it might turn off a lot of men. Also, during that time of year, pink clothing isn't widely available in stores, since pink is usually part of fashion companies' Spring collections, while that time of year the Fall collections are still mostly available (although for women's clothing Resort collections are typically also available). However, IZOD did release a small number of Spring 2017 products last year in mid-November.

What does anyone think about this idea? Note that I would not mandate any specific shade of pink, since some people may prefer darker shades of pink.
I think it is a fun idea.
To make it less stressful on your guests why don't you losen up the suggetion something pink ex or if could be as simple as a pink tie or pick socks.

Or choice too colours

Ex black and pink so it will double to chances of them being able to find smething they are comfortable wearing in one of the shades.

Happy Birthday in advance !

Old 09-28-2017, 04:51 PM

19,371 posts, read 20,165,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Personally, I hate parties that require me to wear a specific color. Sorry.
Yes. They are the worst. I'm not buying new clothes just to eat canapes at someone's house.

Old 09-28-2017, 06:15 PM

I end up with pink clothing accidentally sometimes. How'd that red shirt get in with my whites!?

Old 09-28-2017, 07:51 PM

25,165 posts, read 25,182,554 times
That sounds like a fun theme. You can also have pink buttons for anyone not wearing pink. Or get pink Mardi Gras beads.

Theme parties are big where I live, it would be a hit.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:53 PM

13,672 posts, read 7,017,773 times
If you want everyone to wear pink, then you should provide t-shirts for everyone. There are plenty of women who don't normally wear pink, not just men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty