Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 12:52 PM

21 posts, read 16,101 times

Advertisements

And if so how did you feel?

I remember being 14 and buying a game that was a 12 and the person behind the counter asking me how old I am , that was the only time really

Old 10-12-2017, 01:58 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
I am 38 and most people think I am younger than that. I've been guessed at late 20's.

How I feel about it depends. Most of the time I don't feel anything about it. I'm not extremely attached to the concept of youth. I watch silver strands beginning to show up in my long dark hair with some mild fascination. The only thing about getting older that I'm in a bit of dread over, is the inevitable failure of some of the moving parts, as one's body develops more health issues, aches and pains, etc. Not thrilled about that idea. But my looks? Don't care. I'll do my best to stay healthy and continue to do expressive things with my appearance if it seems like fun and isn't high maintenance. Growing old is better than dying young, in my opinion. (I did not used to think so, when I was in my teens, though!)

One time though, a guy at Walmart was trying to be cute, and told me something like "I can't sell this to you, we only sell these to people over 25" and it wasn't an actual age restricted product, and when I told him I was 38, so he could simmer down about it, he made a huge production of "OH, but you're SO YOUNG" .... First of all, that's some nonsense that cashiers pull on little old ladies, so enough already. Secondly, I was in a hurry and did not have time for dude and his shenanigans. It was nothing but annoying. I know he thought he was being flattering and making my day or something, but no.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:26 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Younger 90% of the time though since my grays are more visible now, I am getting pegged at a lot closer to my age.

I think the funniest experience was when a high school kid was hitting on my a year or 2 ago (I am 39). I told him he was adorable, but I am way too old for him. He was like "I am mature for my age." :P

Most of the women in my family look pretty young, even well into their senior years, so it is to be expected.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:29 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,643,077 times
OP, if you stay on here for any length of time you'll discover that ALL C-D people look 20 years younger than actual age. Or at least TEN. You'll see....

Something about typing and staring at a screen, makes for youthful appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty