Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 09:52 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,004,797 times

Advertisements

Anyone recommend a product that will work to remove blackheads ? TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 10:01 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,055,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Anyone recommend a product that will work to remove blackheads ? TIA
Believe is or not the best, and safest, place for this kind of info is a doctor.

Grubbing around in your face to remove blackheads is really a bad deal today. Why? With the advent of flesh eating bacteria everyone must be really careful of allowing bacteria on your face ( that is normal cause of blackheads) to enter your bloodstream.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:03 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
Believe is or not the best, and safest, place for this kind of info is a doctor.

Grubbing around in your face to remove blackheads is really a bad deal today. Why? With the advent of flesh eating bacteria everyone must be really careful of allowing bacteria on your face ( that is normal cause of blackheads) to enter your bloodstream.
Did the OP ask about "grubbing around in your face" to remove blackheads? No. S/he asked about products to apply to the face.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:12 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,055,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Did the OP ask about "grubbing around in your face" to remove blackheads? No. S/he asked about products to apply to the face.
Really? Where's your sense of humor or you are this touchy all the time?

My advice of "Doctor first" must've escaped your notice.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:49 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times
best approach is probably to get a facial at a place where they do extractions (some places don't do them)- that will get them all out.

Then, to prevent them from growing back, get a Clarisonic brush and use it daily, with a cleanser that has salicyclic acid in it.

You can also learn how to do glycolic peels at home and that will help keep them at bay after you've had them extracted.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:41 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,675,137 times
I second the Clarisonic brush recommendation. I also use those Biore strips like once or twice a week and they work wonders.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:00 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
How to get rid of blackheads

https://www.allure.com/story/how-to-get-rid-blackheads

Old 11-04-2017, 05:47 AM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
Biore' strips work well. I have found retinol creams do a good job of shrinking the pores so they are less noticeable (61yo, YMMV).

Old 11-04-2017, 07:13 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Biore' strips work well. I have found retinol creams do a good job of shrinking the pores so they are less noticeable (61yo, YMMV).
This has been my experience as well on both counts (55 here, YMMV - LOL). I have combo skin even at this age and I love those Biore' strips. Retinol creams are great as well - be sure to check the Retinol percentages though.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:46 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
OP I just posted about this on a previous thread. You and I wish there was magic in a bottle but there isn't. Here it is...
What are the best products for removing Blackheads?

Trying to treat a skin issue with magic in a bottle will disappoint you so it's best to develop a skin care routine to treat current skin issues and to prevent future skin problems.

What are blackheads: Every pore on your face contains a hair and a sebaceous gland that produces oil. When pores get clogged with excess oil, dead skin, or makeup residue, oxygen causes the clogs to turn black. Blackheads are nothing more than clogged pores that are still open to the air. If you have bumps under your skin they are called closed comedones (clogs without an opening to air). Below is an example of Korean skin care routine. Choose products based on your skin type (Oily, Dry etc) ...

1. Double Cleanse
First with a oil cleanser to remove oils, debris, makeup, then cleanse with a water based low pH cleanser (5.5 - 6). You'll read to do the second wash with a foam based cleanser but I found them to be too drying (pH too high) so I wash with Cerve which is around $12 for a large pump bottle.

2. Chemical exfoliation
This is to clean out your pores and loosen the top layer of skin so your skin doesn't get clogged. Skin exfoliators that have AHA (glycolic acid) which works on the top most layer of your skin and BHA (salicylic acid) which is able to get to the completely clogged pores - there is a lot of information about these online. Don't over do it and be gentle or you'll disrupt your skins acid mantle and it's no fun. There are mechanical exfoliation products but scrubbing can harm your skin.

3. Then a toner This is not the toner of yesterday which irritated the skin, some because they contained alcohol. Tone is to bring your skin back to normal pH range of around 5.5. Some toners are moisturizing toners so you can layer.

4. Mask: There are so many variations of masks for different skin issues, Hyaluronic acid for moisture retention, vitamin masks, etc. In this case a charcoal mask once a week.

5. Serum to treat trouble spots

6. Non-Comedogenic Moisturizer

We focus on covering up skin issues with makeup in the U.S.. Asians focus on skin health first. My skin improved and looks much better after religiously following my skin care routine specific to my issue (Dry) and now people are always telling me (unsolicited) that I have beautiful skin which of course I appreciate I hope this helps.

Last edited by petch751; 11-04-2017 at 12:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty