U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 01:21 PM

2,458 posts, read 892,801 times

Advertisements

Well, I can be your test case. I've ordered all the stuff from Amazon - numbing cream, several dermarollers and I already have some serum.

Saturday is the day I'm doing this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I've tried it at home with .25 needles, to see how much discomfort there is. It's not really painful. I'm considering ordering a roller with longer needles, since the .25 is too short to help with wrinkles.
I've ordered the .75 and the 1.5 rollers. Lots of good videos on YouTube by folks who do this for a living.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:01 AM

35,073 posts, read 16,287,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I've ordered the .75 and the 1.5 rollers. Lots of good videos on YouTube by folks who do this for a living.
1.5? ouch! Did you order the Dermaroller or Derma Pen. IMHO 1.5 is too aggressive. I'd start with a .5 to get the hang of it then move up to a .75. I know I couldn't do a 1.5, I'd leave that up to the professionals.

Here is more information about serums and Dermarolling
https://simpleskincarescience.com/dermarolling/

Last edited by petch751; 11-15-2017 at 11:56 AM..

Old 11-15-2017, 03:16 PM

888 posts, read 342,013 times
I've never done it, but I have read about it. It's something I would leave to the professionals to get the best and safest results

Old 11-15-2017, 08:43 PM

669 posts, read 369,721 times
I was at an event on Thursday night and the rep said it helps eliminate scars, acne, redness, etc. She said usually takes 3 treatments, once a month and not much down time. This is at the plastic surgeon office. And is very small micro needles that goes below the skin's surface like botox. Never had it though.

Old 11-15-2017, 09:09 PM

10,318 posts, read 16,711,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Anything .5 and below doesn't hurt. If you are going to a higher than I'd get an derma pen (Dr Pen). The dermapen you need to purchase separate disposable needles but it's better for cleanliness.
https://www.overstock.com/Health-Bea...0/product.html

Look at the difference between treatments below. Maybe a roller for every other day / once a week and a pen once a month. Vitamin C with Ferric acid and Vit E before or after (different schools of thought) and hyaluronic acid and retinol. Someone brought up a good point about this treatment. It is used to injure the skin which in turn activates your skins natural protection (produce collagen to heal the wound) hence it's also called collagen induction therapy. It's not only the actual treatment but post treatment so serums you use afterward are important.

I've been doing a lot of research on skin care and there is alot of information and the hype is out there so the best thing is to educate and test. Although there isn't magic in a bottle I found that a good skin care routine with actives made a big difference. As we age we lose collagen and micro-needling (also called collagen induction) is supposed to trigger increased production. Our skin cells don't shed as they once did so AHA and BHA helps keep the skin unclogged. The other focus to increase moisture.

https://www.amazon.com/Timeless-Skin...0036BI56G?th=1
I can't use most of the serums because of allergies. I wonder if it would still be worth doing.

Old 11-15-2017, 11:27 PM

35,073 posts, read 16,287,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I can't use most of the serums because of allergies. I wonder if it would still be worth doing.
When we get older our skin cells don't turn over as fast as they used to that's where exfoliation comes in, to help unglue the glue, imho chemical exfoliation is better. Collagen production also slows down, and we get wrinkles eek.

The whole idea behind micro needling is that is causes injury to the skin. When you get cut, your body heals the cut, the same with microneedling, it is supposed to encourage increased collagen production. There are many serums that claim to increase collagen production but nothing is a miracle sadly. Hyaluronic Acid is good to hold more skin moisture. I just would use 0.5 and go professional for deeper treatments. If you have allergies are you sure you won't have the same problem with numbing cream?

Start with smaller needles and take care of your skin and it will make a difference. Healthy skin, even with wrinkles looks better.

Last edited by petch751; 11-15-2017 at 11:56 PM..

Old 11-16-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
1.5? ouch! Did you order the Dermaroller or Derma Pen. IMHO 1.5 is too aggressive. I'd start with a .5 to get the hang of it then move up to a .75. I know I couldn't do a 1.5, I'd leave that up to the professionals.

Here is more information about serums and Dermarolling
https://simpleskincarescience.com/dermarolling/
I am 62, have some deep wrinkles thus the 1.5. The rest of my face I will use the .75.

Have my stuff ready to go - doing it Saturday.

I've watched many videos and will give it a try.

Have the rollers, serum, numbing cream, masks, etc.

Old 11-19-2017, 09:26 PM

Update - was not able to do the microneedling this weekend. Hopefully my .75 will come in and will do it next weekend.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:52 PM

701 posts, read 183,077 times
I got a micro needling kit to try to help at least reduce acne scarring. Just don't have the money for a dermatologist to do a cosmetic procedure.

I ended up purchasing a pretty complete kit online for about $100. I think it was for first time customers and/was a code I had to enter to get special pricing on first order. It was regularly about $150. Kit included 3 different lengths derma rollers, vitamin c serum, retinol cream, argon oil, and a cleanser. I was real happy with the products.

Not sure it any difference yet, only used it 3 times and have to have one day down time with no makeup, hard to find that down time day. It got it at puruskin.... Not sure if I can post this. Can't I? From all my reading and looking things up it was best to get needles made with titanium, I don't know how to judge the quality of the needles though.

Also, I still get some break outs and you can't do it if you have active break out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty