Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 08:13 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Of course people can wear whatever they want - and that applies to people of ALL sizes, to you fat-phobes on here. But what do I personally dislike seeing? Yoga pants or leggings with Ugg boots, and those short-shorts that make a "V" up their arses. These are both particularly popular trends with teen girls (at least where I live), and I wish they'd go away already. Also, when did high-waisted pants become trendy again? I thought we left that look in the '90s, along with the "Rachel" hairdo.
Love my leggings with a long shirt and UGGS during the fall comfy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 09:26 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
Men in skinny jeans where the seat of the pants is halfway down to their knees because the legs of the jeans are too skinny for the legs of the guy. Really nasty.

Women wearing jeans with too small of a waist resulting in muffin top. It is silly to insist that you wear a smaller size than you do only to have your abdomen and back fat flop over the top of your pants. I tend to have an apple shape when I gain weight and I am very careful not to walk around with a big, flabby muffin top, even if it takes me a month of Sundays to find jeans designed for my body shape (wider waistband).

Pajama pants worn in public, particularly ones with cartoon characters on them on an adult. Really?

Women with big chests in tight, low cut tops so that you see a huge cleavage crack between even huger breasts and the whole thing jiggles when they walk. Reminds me of jello, and not in a good way.

Pale lipstick surrounded by a stark line of dark lip liner. Looks like a Halloween disguise.

Ankle boots with a dress that end up looking like hooves. Very unflattering.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:44 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Men in skinny jeans where the seat of the pants is halfway down to their knees because the legs of the jeans are too skinny for the legs of the guy. Really nasty.

Women wearing jeans with too small of a waist resulting in muffin top. It is silly to insist that you wear a smaller size than you do only to have your abdomen and back fat flop over the top of your pants. I tend to have an apple shape when I gain weight and I am very careful not to walk around with a big, flabby muffin top, even if it takes me a month of Sundays to find jeans designed for my body shape (wider waistband).

Pajama pants worn in public, particularly ones with cartoon characters on them on an adult. Really?

Women with big chests in tight, low cut tops so that you see a huge cleavage crack between even huger breasts and the whole thing jiggles when they walk. Reminds me of jello, and not in a good way.

Pale lipstick surrounded by a stark line of dark lip liner. Looks like a Halloween disguise.

Ankle boots with a dress that end up looking like hooves. Very unflattering.
LMAO, that was funny. And I have worn ankle boots with dresses/skirts. It's either that or wear sneakers to travel to work and change into flats when I get there. My feet hurt too much to wear flats standing on the train or walking on city sidewalks, so I just put the boots on and wear them rather than carry a pair of shoes. Choices.

I am past the age where I worry about what anyone thinks of my footwear.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:09 AM

759 posts, read 3,143,434 times
skinny jeans look terrible on most people except for the skinny ones. I only buy jeans with a bit of a flare leg

Old 11-22-2017, 10:10 AM

993 posts, read 766,406 times
Horizontal stripes.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:33 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
The male equivalent of camel toe.
Here I thought that was frank and beans.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:49 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
Horizontal stripes.
you think horizontal stripes are and out and out crime against fashion regardless of context? I think horizontal stripes are classic and classy with the right outfit on the right body type.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:57 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
A woman who is overweight wearing low cut jeans/pants/skirts with the fat hanging over her belt.

A chubby bride wearing too tight a bodice so that her fat hangs over on top, and to make matters worse, lots of crinoline to make her appear even larger. That seems to be the style these days, but don't just GO with what everyone else is wearing. Wear what looks GOOD on YOU!

ON THE OTHER HAND;

A thin woman wearing baggy clothes so she doesn't show off her figure. Why the hell not show it off if you can?
I say to consider yourself lucky and get out there wearing your correct size of clothes with pride.
(I'm not saying that you have to wear them skin tight or looking like a hooker either lol)

Old 11-22-2017, 10:58 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
you think horizontal stripes are and out and out crime against fashion regardless of context? I think horizontal stripes are classic and classy with the right outfit on the right body type.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:08 AM

808 posts, read 710,314 times
People over 30 (especially in their 40s/50s/60s) who still wear brands like Aeropostale and Hollister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty