U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 06:20 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,242,347 times

Advertisements

Tattoos on people's faces !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2017, 07:40 PM

1,367 posts, read 1,951,081 times
There too many - but i'll start with bootie-shoes "shooties!" that have open toes and open heels.

Makes sense, right? NOTTTT

Wear boots to cover your ankles, but let your toes and/or heels out.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:08 PM

1,595 posts, read 1,169,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Agree. A thousand reps for you.

Especially when it’s overdone....and entire arm....neck, etc.....yuck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
Tattoos on people's faces !
Tattoos are like a tumor that spreads. I've noticed the people who get them will get one (which is typically in poor taste to begin with) and then more all over themselves to the point of being grotesque/sickly/unhealthy looking. They look bad on guys but even skankier on women.

The piercing craze is also unbelievably tacky, particularly some of the facial abominations, ear lobe stretching (how does that even make sense?), nostril hoops, and there are also piercings in other areas of the body where an infection would feel particularly unpleasant. People who get these kind of things seem mentally "off" in an unsavory way.

Old 11-25-2017, 09:26 PM

26,958 posts, read 7,376,269 times
I'll second cold-shoulder tops, and baseball caps worn every which way but right. Also, new jeans that are frayed and have holes in them. There is a sucker born every minute.

Old 11-25-2017, 10:14 PM

1,641 posts, read 513,884 times
I'm OK with tattoos and piercings and even horn buds. There's a guy in town that has lots of all of those. I ran into him waiting in line at UPS the other day, and we had a nice chat. Once upon a time, I would have been terrified of him. He was a sweet guy.

I get grossed out by beer bellies running around town with no shirts. That's OK on the beach, but please cover up when you walk by the cafe where I'm eating breakfast.

Last edited by steiconi; 11-25-2017 at 10:26 PM..

Old 11-26-2017, 03:43 AM

192 posts, read 76,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Very high heels are the most illogical fashion trend ever short of foot binding. Any woman's shoe over three inches high are downright torture.
Yes, I forgot that. What makes it even more absurd is that while legs do look better at 3 inch heels, they start looking deformed after 4. A woman with 5+ high heels, especially in workplace settings, well, here you've got someone who is trying too hard and in the wrong direction.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:01 AM

5,932 posts, read 1,243,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Yoga pants for one & all. It doesn’t matter if they stretch to fit. Find a nice trousered pant to camouflage your butt and calves. Please.

BTW, I say this as a size 10-12 pants wearer, so I can sympathize with those of us who have an ample backside. I share the pain, but we need to cover our butts.
I don't care for the flared leg of yoga pants, but I do love leggings, if they are worn with a long shirt or tunic. That combination can disguise a multitude of flaws. Only those with a perfect rear should wear any kind of stretch pant without a long top, and since my perfect rear is years in the rear-view mirror (yeah, bad, couldn't help myself), I would not dream of wearing them with anything that didn't reach at least somewhere between mid-thigh and knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
Going way back, but they are still around, knit sweaters with short sleeves. Sometimes even turtlenecks. If it is cold enough for a sweater, I need long sleeves. If it is warm enough for short sleeves, I don't want to wear a heavy knit.
I actually liked those. Mine were not heavy or bulky, but I even had a sleeveless one, with a turtleneck, in bright red. It was wonderful to wear with a black skirted suit. I could wear the jacket at work without getting too warm, and then take it off if I wanted to look a little more feminine at an after-work event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
This is one of mine too- but it's not just the straps! My mouth just drops open when I see some of these young women with tops cut low or open in the back and their whole bra shows! Where I come from, a bra is an undergarment.
There are some tops that are made to have a cami or something with the straps showing, but it needs to be the right cami, not just a plain old bra with the buckles and all showing. And never with a strapless dress or top.

I will admit, I like ripped jeans if they look like they got that way by being worn and well-loved. The ones with holes cut out look silly to me. I hate skinny jeans. They make thin people look emaciated, and fat people look even fatter.

No problem with tattoos, but to me, they are like jewelry: very easy to overdo. I've always wanted a single, very discreet one, but alas, I hate needles more than I want the tat.

Totally agree with those who find ear gauges ugly.

Eyebrows plucked to oblivion, like just a little line of hair. Thankfully, this trend seems to be dying.

Squared-off fake nails. Super pointy fake nails. Any fake nails that look like fake nails.

The all-time dumbest thing I ever saw, in terms of fashion, was back in the late 80s, when I worked briefly at a rather high-end clothing store. Lovely "swimwear," labeled as dry-clean only. Not hand-wash, which makes sense, but honest-to-God dry-clean only. I never could figure out what the stuff was supposed to be used for, if you couldn't get it wet. I mean, how on earth is a gentle wash in Woolite more damaging than chlorine, salt, or, for those who get a suit only for sunbathing, oils, lotions, and human sweat?

Last edited by Catgirl64; 11-26-2017 at 06:12 AM..

Old 11-26-2017, 08:09 AM

4,736 posts, read 4,941,114 times
Cropped pants with ankle socks during the winter. Yes, it is very popular here in Norway. Pale, ugly ankles

Old 11-26-2017, 08:38 AM

5,135 posts, read 4,004,680 times
I see it all from my co-workers - where to start?

Pedicures with long, pointed toe nails.
Giant fake nails
Fake hair
leggings worn with top too short to cover the rear
saggy pants
jeans with holes in them
exposed bra straps
black, blue, or dark purple lipstick
blue, green, purple, fire engine red hair
neck tattoos
gladiator sandals
booties, shooties, and other ridiculous footwear
pajamas worn in public
bedroom slippers worn in public

Old 11-26-2017, 12:11 PM

480 posts, read 182,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I see it all from my co-workers - where to start?

Pedicures with long, pointed toe nails.
Giant fake nails
Fake hair
leggings worn with top too short to cover the rear
saggy pants
jeans with holes in them
exposed bra straps
black, blue, or dark purple lipstick
blue, green, purple, fire engine red hair
neck tattoos
gladiator sandals
booties, shooties, and other ridiculous footwear
pajamas worn in public
bedroom slippers worn in public
Good heavens, where do you work??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty