U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 12:47 PM

107 posts, read 46,861 times

Advertisements

It depends, I have black pants that come tight at the ankle and may buy something new for the top. I do have a beautiful green silk blouse if I don't see something I like.
I have sequined black flats that will be pretty too.
Banana Republic Factory has really nice necklaces for under $25 that can dress it up so I may stop in and pick one out. A couple of them are layered, but all on one necklace, and look very pretty.
Red lipstick and nails, and am all set!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 02:39 PM

26,842 posts, read 28,069,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
My work holiday party is coming up this weekend, and I realized that all of my party dresses no longer fit!

So I have 2 choices - 2 black dresses. Not sure which one I'll wear for my party and if I'll wear the same thing to other parties. The two options: black lace sheath dress with 3/4 sleeves and a velvet sheath with puff sleeves.

Plan to pair them with bronze shoes and a black/cream python bag.

What will you be wearing?
Update: no bronze shoes for me. Wrong fit! But I did grab these instead on Cyber Monday for 50% off!

They seem like they'll be fairly comfy. We'll see after my party tonight!

Old 12-08-2017, 03:33 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,843,418 times
I saw this and bought it -will try on later.
I have something similar (not blingy though) and it fits great.
This is red with some tiny sequins across the front- nice and sparkly but not over the top. I would wear with black pants or skirt and a cardigan. and it's 14.99.
https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-30...20Red&prdPV=18

Old 12-08-2017, 07:51 AM

1,475 posts, read 1,073,130 times
My standby - A black velvet long skirt or pants with a variety of tops. For more casual parties the top is usually a red sweater with a scarf or Christmas pin. For more formal parties the top is silk with a jacket or shawl. The color of the top can vary, but it is usually a jewel tone.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:04 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,289,626 times
I've got a black jumpsuit (the top is blousy, so not hoochie) that looks great with different jackets or sweaters. It all depends on the weather. Then I accessorize from there. I love separates in the winter (it actually does get cold down here in the South).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or