U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 10:42 AM

11,988 posts, read 15,980,194 times

Advertisements

What is your price range Op ? then maybe we can direct you better I myself spend quite a bit since I buy like 6 or 7 bras at a time, and then rotate them . I hand wash and I never dry them in the dryer I have a hand wash rack dryer with clips that I use and it works great . So please post your price range and then maybe we can send you there thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2017, 10:43 AM

11,988 posts, read 15,980,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I second that. I avoid them whenever possible, and if I want to wear a top that's sheer enough to require something under it, I would much rather wear a camisole in a coordinating color. It's more comfortable, and I think it looks better, anyway.

Lucky you some of these ladies here I'm sure cant do the above ^^^^^ because they are large upstairs and need a bra LOL trying to be delicate here thanks

Old 11-29-2017, 11:40 AM

25,309 posts, read 25,503,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I second that. I avoid them whenever possible, and if I want to wear a top that's sheer enough to require something under it, I would much rather wear a camisole in a coordinating color. It's more comfortable, and I think it looks better, anyway.
Maybe for you. For me, that would look horrible. A properly fitting bra is an essential, there is no way to avoid bras. It just isn't comfortable. And bralettes, those new school super stretchy bras etc are all basically pointless on me. I guess they kinda work for sleeping, but I can't get proper fit on them.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:22 PM

4,853 posts, read 5,472,053 times
https://www.amerimark.com/1/bras-1in...gory_2=Intimat

This is not a high-end site by any means but I have bought many, many bras on this site over the years. I take an odd cup size in relationship to the numeric size and it is the only place I have found something that works for me. I also have one breast smaller than the other from surgery. Now I am really out of whack from a lumpectomy and radiation on the other breast. Also, I live in Central Fl and the heat puts a lot of strain on bras with sweat, etc and they are washed frequently. I hate bras and get them off as soon as possible. Also, I am an active 73 yr old.

Yes, I do own a few more expensive bras. I used sites dedicated to bras only. They cost somewhat more but I didn't think the extra cost made a whole lot sense.

Oh yes, this site sends paper catalogs that has some other sales on bras that I don't see here, it looks like.

It works for me. Just a suggestion. Don't need any blow back about it a second tier retail though they do carry name brands.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:12 PM

230 posts, read 156,271 times
It seems that all bras available nowdays have the exact same hemispheric cup with some shaping. I'm sure everybody knows what I mean. I like the bras from the 50's. I suppose they are called bullet bras. These are more the true shape of a woman. I am a D so I need good lift. I have discovered Playtex style 4422. Two or three when washed and dried correctly do last for years.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:41 PM

230 posts, read 156,271 times
It seems that all bras available nowdays have the exact same hemispheric cup with some shaping. I'm sure everybody knows what I mean. I like the bras from the 50's. I suppose they are called bullet bras. These are more the true shape of a woman. I am a D so I need good lift. I have discovered Playtex style 4422. Two or three when washed and dried correctly do last for years.

Old 11-29-2017, 01:54 PM

8,296 posts, read 5,338,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I can't find any bras that are wireless or don't have padding. It's ridiculous. I stopped buying them and just cut the pads & wires out of the ones I already have.
I don't like underwires or padding either. I've found bras without either of those, and that are pretty comfortable in the Playtex 18 Hour brand. These run about $18-22 (occasionally on sale for less) in Walmart, K-Marts.

Old 11-29-2017, 02:00 PM

8,296 posts, read 5,338,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse Bishop View Post
You mean those bras that make your breasts look like the front of two battleships under a sweater or shirt?

Can't see as those resemble natural breasts, though. Must say I prefer the rounded look.

https://www.boredpanda.com/bullet-bra-fashion-vintage/

Old 11-29-2017, 03:40 PM

1,737 posts, read 991,714 times
black Friday while I was surfing Macy's online looking at sweaters. I all of sudden remember, I need new bra. went to their page and got new bra for $11. The same bra I pay over $30 on sale. Never got them that cheap.

find your size, look online and wait for sale

Old 11-29-2017, 05:23 PM

5,273 posts, read 2,431,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seenee View Post
I realize "cheap" and "comfortable" bras may seem like a misnomer but just curious if anyone knows of any? I am disabled to the point I can't work and my husband is the breadwinner so I hate spending lots of money on bras, but I am looking for some that are at least a reasonable price yet good and comfortable.
I've gotten most of my bras at Target.

I've bought expensive bras at the Bali store and Victoria's Secret. They are NOT worth the money, as far as quality.

The ones at Target may or may not last a long time, but they haven't cost much, so I sure got my money's worth. I've been lucky that most of them have lasted for years. NOTE: I WASH THEM ON DELICATE CYCLE AND HANG THEM TO DRY. I NEVER put them in a dryer.

I get my panties there, too. No reason to pay a lot for those things. If the elastic wears out, no big deal. They didn't cost much.

As for brands, I can't tell you the brands I got. I got different brands at Target, except that I recall that I bought a couple of Playtex there, of the more modern variety. Playtex can be uncomfortable for me, or old lady looking, but some versions are more modern and comfortable. Playtex is pretty high quality, IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty