U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 04:58 AM

21 posts, read 9,612 times

Advertisements

I realize "cheap" and "comfortable" bras may seem like a misnomer but just curious if anyone knows of any? I am disabled to the point I can't work and my husband is the breadwinner so I hate spending lots of money on bras, but I am looking for some that are at least a reasonable price yet good and comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2017, 05:50 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,327,260 times
Oh, bras can be horrendously expensive, especially if you are out of range of what's generally sold in stores, as I am. So when I find a bra that is a good fit, I look for that one on eBay. Most of my bras I get for half price or so that way (new, of course!). It's also good hunting, and very rewarding when you find that $50 bra for under $20 including shipping!

Old 11-28-2017, 06:22 AM

3,999 posts, read 2,292,211 times
I had been wearing expensive bras until I tried this bra. It's a Maidenform that I accidentally discoverd at Walmart. The style number is SN1321. They are less than $15. I now have several of them and they are washing and wearing much better than some of my expensive bras. I'm going to purchase several more since it seems like anything I really like usually gets discontinued.

I've found them online and in the store.

Last edited by Larksong; 11-28-2017 at 06:22 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 11-28-2017, 06:31 AM

1,501 posts, read 3,013,176 times
I've been wearing these Bali wireless bras:

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-10...=Nude&prdPV=56

Old 11-28-2017, 06:50 AM

1,794 posts, read 771,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seenee View Post
I realize "cheap" and "comfortable" bras may seem like a misnomer but just curious if anyone knows of any? I am disabled to the point I can't work and my husband is the breadwinner so I hate spending lots of money on bras, but I am looking for some that are at least a reasonable price yet good and comfortable.
Don't think of it as spending a lot though. How often do you purchase bra's? If you are like me and keep them for years, you'll want to spend the money on a great fitting and great constructive bra.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:04 AM

26,393 posts, read 27,171,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61nyc View Post
Don't think of it as spending a lot though. How often do you purchase bra's? If you are like me and keep them for years, you'll want to spend the money on a great fitting and great constructive bra.
But bras stretch out and their fit is compromised over time. They do not last years!

I am all for spending enough to get something flattering and well fitting, but I have yet to meet a bra worn regularly that fits well after more than a year, maybe 2 if you are lucky. Sports bras seem to hold up the best.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:09 PM

14,421 posts, read 28,936,734 times
I wear Bali Comfort bra, similar to the one posted above, but a bit more "bra-like." I love it because it is wireless and has convertible straps (you can cross them in back). They are almost like a (more) comfortable sports bra, but I have noticed they have become hard to find lately.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:51 PM

1,294 posts, read 509,616 times
Agree with buying on Ebay. Also, wash them by hand and never put in the dryer, they will last a lot longer. Or machine wash but in a lingerie bag.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:03 PM

1,827 posts, read 1,998,897 times
My go-to is Maidenform. I buy them when Macys has them on sale for $14. You can also find them at Ross and Marshall's for really cheap.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:16 PM

21 posts, read 9,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
But bras stretch out and their fit is compromised over time. They do not last years!

I am all for spending enough to get something flattering and well fitting, but I have yet to meet a bra worn regularly that fits well after more than a year, maybe 2 if you are lucky. Sports bras seem to hold up the best.
Yes, that's what I have dealt with as well. My husband gets me bras when I need them but it really as awful how quickly they seem to go bad. Being disabled my husband has to help dress me as well so yeah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty