Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2020, 02:17 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times

Advertisements

No offense to darker-haired women and straight-haired women, but aren't blonde curls prettier than most other possibilities? So why are they uncommon? Too much work and potential damage between curling and (outside the minority natural blondes in most places) dyeing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 05:07 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
WTH? How is this anything beyond purely subjective opinion? Is there any real basis for your opinion?

So moving on...curls are pretty much out of fashion these days...everyone seems to want straight and shiny. So yeah, curling, blow-drying, straightening, etc. all can cause damage and yeah, on top of bleaching that can add up over time. Only 2% of people in the WORLD are natural blondes and only 5% in the U.S. specifically - so there's a WHOLE lot of bleachin' going on.

I guess you'll just have to cry in your beer or look at all those classic pinups of Marilyn Monroe, etc.

Old 12-27-2020, 06:29 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
No offense to darker-haired women and straight-haired women, but aren't blonde curls prettier than most other possibilities?
No.

Old 12-27-2020, 07:47 PM

It's like the counterpart to my assertion about dark, straight bangs. I'm very confident blonde curls rate well, though it's difficult to poll, because there are few real-world examples and they're of women who generally are attractive to begin with. Never have I heard anyone say blonde, curly hair looks bad on women. It can't be coincidence that Marilyn Monroe had the curls. Everyone knows that blonde hair that's straight can look like straw, which is no turn-on, and yet somehow blonde in most countries is rated higher than other colors.

One woman's personal experiment
https://www.elitedaily.com/women/cur...riment/1231469

I also saw a poll in which one of Taylor Swift's curly-haired looks was voted above a bunch of other looks of hers, some straight.

That said, if women don't want to work hard for that or wear curly, blonde wigs, I'll just have to sulk about it.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:37 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
No offense to darker-haired women and straight-haired women, but aren't blonde curls prettier than most other possibilities? So why are they uncommon? Too much work and potential damage between curling and (outside the minority natural blondes in most places) dyeing?

Well.......blonds have more fun BUT...overuse of curling irons can damage our hair.

Old 12-28-2020, 12:17 AM

Didn't I once read something about natural blonde hair being on average thinner and therefore more fragile than other colors? Yeah, Google confirms that. Then natural and bottle blonde both carry extra risk for curling.
Naturally curly blonde, though, that wins

Old 12-28-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Didn't I once read something about natural blonde hair being on average thinner and therefore more fragile than other colors? Yeah, Google confirms that. Then natural and bottle blonde both carry extra risk for curling.
Naturally curly blonde, though, that wins

IMO...having a healthy full head of hair "wins" AND taking care of it with the right products. Easy on the blow drying & curling ofc.

It's true that blond strands are finer because of less melanin...tho it also depends on how much density you have of the finer strands. So...we can still have a thick density.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:12 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,456,642 times
Quote:
When I was a young girl, all the Princesses in my story books had blonde hair. I had brown hair. I thought if I wished hard enough or spent enough time at the pool, it would turn blonde. I would check it every day. It never turned blonde. I wanted blonde curls and never got them.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
When I was a young girl, all the Princesses in my story books had blonde hair. I had brown hair. I thought if I wished hard enough or spent enough time at the pool, it would turn blonde. I would check it every day. It never turned blonde. I wanted blonde curls and never got them.

What a super big difference in times of growing up!! I was a young girl in the 90s....all the heroines weren't princesses AND they didn't have blond hair....like Mulan, Ariel, Belle, Esmeralda & Pocahantas.

Old 12-28-2020, 08:40 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,456,642 times
There was Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, the Little Mermaid. All blondes. Lily James played in the most recent (2015) Cinderella movie and is blonde! Frozen is blonde. You are trying to infer I am ancient and out of touch! ; )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty