Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 10:46 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Isn't going commando okay to do in Europe though?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Francois View Post
Speaking as a European, (although with this Brexit thing, not for much longer it seems), I’m not convinced that it is.
I haven’t done any research you understand, and although I’ve lived in the U.K. all of my life, I still have Brit ‘friends’ who mock my French ancestry, and are convinced that French women, who are the first to go topless on the beaches of Spain, Greece, and Portugal, are probably out in the evening “sans culottes.”
I’m a much more liberal thinker than my my Brit friends, and curiosity prompted me to check out this thread, but as enlightening as it’s been, I occasionally kinda wish that I hadn’t.
p.s., just had a thought, I’ll STILL be European even after Brexit, even if only geographically.
NO. People need to stop thinking and spreading rumors that Europeans are always naked all the time and in public regularly and have crazy sex. We aren't prude but that doesn't mean we do weird stuff.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:12 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorriganStark View Post
I just don't see why it's really necessary all the time. Tampons are also great for that time of the month. Though as I said I will sometimes wear undies.
It's "necessary" because it's a bodily orifice emitting (greater or lesser) bodily fluids. I'm not sure anyone's is always bone dry. I can see having some aversion or other to wearing a piece of clothing if you find it uncomfortable or whatever, but simply because you don't think it's necessary? I agree with others that it's "necessary" for public health and hygiene as well as personal comfort.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:14 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaD1G1saJ_0

I say Nay, Nay!

Old 12-08-2017, 01:52 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,519,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
<>I'm not sure anyone's is always bone dry.<>
That would be uncomfortable.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:57 PM

5,511 posts, read 4,472,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesickgirl View Post
The majority of a teaspoon is STILL a significant amount...which without underwear could end up on your clothes if not wherever you are sitting. There is a reason people don't borrow each other's underwear (esp unwashed), but, have you ever borrowed a skirt or a pair of jeans from a friend? Makes you rethink double checking that they are freshly washed, but many people don't launder their pants and skirts every time after the first use...so...

ETA: This would also be a reason why you are not supposed to try on bathing suits without underwear on, but it makes one think twice about trying on other types of bottoms if people are just putting their bare vag right in them in the dressing room.
They do have them "hygienic liners" in women's swimsuits. I wish men would have the same thing When I first saw such a thing at a department store, that must've been what it felt like when a girl first see's a boy's penis

Old 12-08-2017, 04:00 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
My underpants are made of pre-moistened rags woven with asbestos because I like to get too close to fireplaces and candles.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:05 PM

88,512 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
My underpants are made of pre-moistened rags woven with asbestos because I like to get too close to fireplaces and candles.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

I make mine out of cotton batting for the same reason, except I like when I catch on fire. It's fun to put it out.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:17 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
BWHAHAHAHAHAHA

I make mine out of cotton batting for the same reason, except I like when I catch on fire. It's fun to put it out.
You wear pretty quilts for underpants because you are a fancy, classy lady who is welcome in any social circle, especially if there is fire involved.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:44 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Isn't going commando okay to do in Europe though?
oK? In France you need a permit to wear undies. cant speak to the rest of europe though

Old 12-08-2017, 07:44 PM

242 posts, read 184,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I missed a lot of pages, but I will say this...obviously, those who are talking about "leakage" -- aka urine -- when coughing, sneezing, etc. would obviously not need to go commando in any situation. However, I doubt that a regular pair of thin underwear would really help that much with this problem.

It didn't even dawn on me that that was referring to urine...I don't think that's what they meant...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty