Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 10:16 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,469,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Men's earrings were a great subtle signal for gay men to connect. One in the left ear, I was told.

However, the symbol has been appropriated by some ethnic minorities to show supposed wealth. Haha! Now everyone is confused.

I'd say skip the earrings and get a nice pair of shoes.
Not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 03:30 PM

41 posts, read 24,394 times
The way I see it is a matter of personal choice.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:12 PM

212 posts, read 162,167 times
Tacky imo

Old 12-10-2017, 08:21 PM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham11 View Post
So I'm 26 years old and a man, but I find myself MUCH more confident when I wear diamond stud earrings. The thing is, I know it's more of a younger thing. Not that I'm old, but I'm not young buck either so I didn't know if it would come off as odd

I'm not even wearing them for the fashion sense of it. It's mostly like I said because it makes me feel more confident for some reason and it doesn't hurt they bring out my blue eyes a lot more

Thoughts on this.. Is it tacky? Should I just drop them? Or embrace them as part of who I am and my style?
Embrace them! I rarely leave the house without at least sapphire studs in my ear lobes. They're a part of my style.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:35 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,246,081 times
Saw this guy on a Judge Judy episode wearing two big plastic ears over his own ears.

Guess that's the next fad du jour.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:53 PM

7,705 posts, read 5,446,630 times
To each his own; however, I don't see earrings (or tattoos or long beards) on a guy as something that strike me as a symbol of confidence, rather the opposite. I'm attracted to men who don't follow fads.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:19 AM

665 posts, read 612,865 times
I got my left ear pierced in middle school. I got rid of it in high school. I was spending too much time and money on it. I had a one/two hoop earrings. I didn't wear them alot. I liked the studs alot better. In HS, I thought getting the right ear pierced but never did. I probably had my ear pierced for about 4 years tops.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:07 AM

10,420 posts, read 14,593,655 times
Quote:
So I'm 26 years old and a man, but I find myself MUCH more confident when I wear diamond stud earrings. The thing is, I know it's more of a younger thing. Not that I'm old, but I'm not young buck either so I didn't know if it would come off as odd

I'm not even wearing them for the fashion sense of it. It's mostly like I said because it makes me feel more confident for some reason and it doesn't hurt they bring out my blue eyes a lot more

Thoughts on this.. Is it tacky? Should I just drop them? Or embrace them as part of who I am and my style?
I don't see how they can possibly help you,but I can see ways that they could positively hurt you:

1) getting a traffic ticket instead of a warning for a very minor violation.

2) not getting that high paying job that you really like.

3) getting rejected by a pretty girl.

4) not being invited to participate in a business deal that would have made you money.

5) having your ear lobe torn off by a thief. People with expensive rings have had fingers chopped off.

A certain measure of conformity is necessary to be a successful member of society.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:09 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,670,053 times
Quote:
Yeah I figure studs are pretty.. safe, for the most part. Once you get into heavier stuff like gauges then it's overboard in my opinion too
Yes, I don't mind seeing a man of any age with one or two. The other stuff is crazy-looking and too distracting.

I was noticing a couple of men's bracelets when seeing jewelry online and thought how a bracelet can be attractive, also. I mean a thin, rope-like one made of leather, with a bit of silver. I like seeing anyone with a good style sense, when what they are doing just works for them.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:06 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
My brother wore an earring in his ear in HS. My dad said if he didn't remove it he'd rip it out of his ear.LOL. He kept it in for a few years then took it out and never wore it again. Now an earring in each ear for a man no way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty