U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 08:12 AM

6,325 posts, read 3,921,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Also.. Every group can point to how unfair the entertainment media is.

A middle aged black woman has been bombarded her whole life with idea that blonde white women is the ideal standard of beauty.

Fat folks, short folks, those of us without 6 pack abs and broad shoulders.. We can all point out how unfair it is. But it won't change anything.
Yep society is hypocritical with this type of thing. Tell you to love yourself, then bombard you with images that are the complete opposite of who you are. But fortunately, there are a lot who see through the BS and like what they like regardless. If you live your life trying to please everyone, you'll just drive yourself INSANE.

Everyone is insecure about something but they don't let it stop them from living their lives, and you shouldn't either, OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 08:56 AM

2,036 posts, read 867,525 times
Just a thought from the "other side", OP. Putting looks aside for a sec, just living everyday life is much more difficult and uncomfortable with big ones. No running, jumping, athletic sports, never appearing in public without a massive bra. Feeling self-conscious 24/7 about all that out there, front and center. Thinking that's all people see about you. Truthfully, I am uncomfortable ALL THE TIME. No bras fit correctly; 90% of tops are impossible to wear.

Personally, I HATE IT. Had a reduction 10 years ago, but they "came back". All that money and complex surgery---for naught.

And, from what I see in the media, cleavage is "out". The preferred look seems to be spaced-apart boobs.

Strap on a couple of 8-lb melons on your chest and reassess.

Having said that, I do sympathize. We always want what we can't have....

Old 12-10-2017, 08:57 AM

1,521 posts, read 496,543 times
If I had a magical breast fairy I'd have her wave her wand and shrink these 36dd down to a 32 a or b.

Besides weight the issues, there are not that many"pretty" bras in my size, they are usually more of a functional thing. Also get sick of trying to find a non- knit shirt that fits properly with out having to go to a size that's over sized every where else, ie: button down shirt are usually busting open at the bust line.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:02 AM

6,028 posts, read 3,016,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by este914 View Post
I am 24 and am a 32A. I know guys will say "Oh, size doesn't matter", but does it really? I know there are options but they cost a lot of money that I don't have. Then there is the issue if not being able to fill out lots of dresses/tops etc.
My sister was flatchested (unlike all of the rest of us sibling girls). Years ago she got a boob job and never looked back. She's very glad she did. She had felt insecure, and thought her body looked unbalanced and not girly enough. To each his own.

Kate Hudson has tiny boobs. She said she had a boob job for a while, then removed them because altho it was sexy, her clothes looked better without the boobs in the way.

There are more realistic padded bras these days, with memory foam and gel and such. Of course, you run into the thing where you give a guy an impression, and then he finds out that your body is different.

I would urge a woman to be happy with the kind of body she has. Look at Kate Hudson, Nicole Kidman, and other women who have dancer-type bodies. Slim and flat chested. They wear clothes well, move well, and have an athletic look to them.

But if you just can't b happy that way, then save up for a boob job, no matter how long it takes. If you don't make enough money, then work out a plan to get a better paying job or vocation. A padded bra is fine for a special event, where you want to look a certain way for one night, but it's not an answer, IMO.

Which reminds me...I knew a young woman once who was so beautiful. Naturally beautiful. She had great legs and rode a bicycle a lot. She entered marathons and such. But she was almost flat chested. She remarked that she was disappointed in that, but didn't go the padded bra route because then guys would be disappointed when they found out she didn't really have those boobs. Being flat chested didn't hurt her a bit with men. The men lined up to date her. She was stunning. She focused on what she DID have: a beautiful natural face, great hair, great legs, a good athletic slim figure.

BTW, I read once that educated, wealthy men tend to go for leaner, more flat chested women....whereas the opposite kind of men go for the busty ones.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:34 AM

10,085 posts, read 2,896,967 times
The thing with implants is they only last so long. So if you get them, you can expect multiple surgeries over the years, which means thousands of dollars. You could also have complications, which could require more surgeries. Most people don't realize it's just not one surgery and done.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:03 AM

2,930 posts, read 1,195,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Also.. Every group can point to how unfair the entertainment media is.

A middle aged black woman has been bombarded her whole life with idea that blonde white women is the ideal standard of beauty.

Fat folks, short folks, those of us without 6 pack abs and broad shoulders.. We can all point out how unfair it is. But it won't change anything.
You probably can't change the way the media portray people. (Although, one wonders what would happen if a majority of the public stopped responding monetarily to the stimuli.) But, if you learn to recognize when you are being manipulated for the purpose of getting your money, you can work on rejecting the incoming messages.

To take an example, when you go to the car dealership, and the salesman starts talking to you like you are long-lost best buddies and he wants to hang out with you every day because you are just so cool, do you believe it? Heck, no. You know that he's just manipulating you to get at your money. Well, realize that when "the media" bombard you with messages saying that the way you naturally look is bad and you should look like [insert unachievable image here], the only reason they are saying that is to get at your money. You can choose to reject that message.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:24 PM

5,445 posts, read 5,438,598 times
Quote:
I apologize for not replying sooner, been very busy with work. I just want to say how much I appreciate all the responses! You have given me a lot to think about. I realize being smaller there are some advantages, but even though men will say it doesn't matter, you look at the way women are portrayed in any media from tv shows, to movies, to even video games, pretty much all the women have large busts. I understand those are fiction and a ridiculous comparison but it can kind of get to you. I do admit one exception was Daisy Ridley who played Rey from Star Wars which, as I found out, has the same size as me. Least that's one exception.

If the size of your breasts is how you measure your self-worth and self-esteem then you have much bigger problems than the size of your breasts.

Just be yourself, be proud of yourself, and forget about the media. The media has been obsessed with marketing women and their breasts as sex objects for the past 130 years. That speaks very poorly about the media acting as pimps selling women off as sex slaves. And it speaks even more poorly of the brainless media consumers who are stupid enough to buy into what the media is selling them, and that's including the women who buy into it.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:01 PM

482 posts, read 195,900 times
Quote:
I am 24 and am a 32A. I know guys will say "Oh, size doesn't matter", but does it really? I know there are options but they cost a lot of money that I don't have. Then there is the issue if not being able to fill out lots of dresses/tops etc.
There are many different attractive feminine forms; there's not just one appealing body-type.

They say one man's trash is another man's treasure. As has been made clear on this thread, there are many men who either don't care or even prefer smaller-chested women, so you probably appeal to your fair share of gentlemen.

But you probably do not appeal to all gentlemen. Possibly not even a majority of them.

That's not really a problem though.

If you attract the gentlemen you're interested in, you're doing as well as anyone could reasonably expect.

I'll admit that, in terms of personal preference, I'd probably be considered fairly high on the "caveman" scale.

The feminine form that's most likely to grab and hold my attention is the one that has a lot of "bigs" on it ... meaning fairly big height, plus big on top and big on bottom, while still being reasonably fit. It's the Christina Hendricks look over the Taylor Swift look.

Here's the catch though: "small real" is still better than "big fake"!

I have such an "au naturel" mentality that I instinctively dislike the notion of people having cosmetic surgery outside of when it's done to address serious health or disfigurement issues. I just have this thing where I feel like most people who get cosmetic surgery are being deceptive about what their natural gifts are, and in a sense are the ultimate quitters because they've given up on working with what they were born with.

Bottom line: Christina Hendricks grabs my attention more so than does Taylor Swift, but hypothetically a confident Taylor Swift would still be more appealing than a fake Christina Hendricks.

I hope that makes some sense and is helpful to you.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:34 PM

27,019 posts, read 42,501,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
There’s more to attracting a man than having gigantic hooters. Would your really want a guy like that anyway?
What's wrong with a man preferring larger breasts? Isn't that the same as a man liking smaller ones? We all have our preferences (male or female, gay or straight), and I don't understand why that would be a red flag - unless that's the ONLY thing he's attracted to, but the same could be said for any physical trait a man/woman first notices.

I'm a large-busted woman myself, which is why I'm questioning your comment... as I'm SURE they've been the "first attraction" to men I've dated, but it never turned into a weird/creepy obsession or anything. And there are plenty of nice, intelligent men who just happen to like 'em big.

As for the OP, embrace what you've got and find clothing to flatter your figure! Personally I wouldn't mind being smaller, since the large tatas can be a burden at times. Seriously.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:36 PM

2,669 posts, read 2,389,507 times
Default A trip down mammary lane....

Do not let one physical feature define your self worth. Work on other aspects (see below)
Could you date a woman that is extremely flat chested

Women can be attractive for variety of reasons
How do you notice an attractive person?

Breasts don't make you 'sexier' its not about parts but the greater whole
Does "Sexy" Also Apply to the Face, or Mainly the Body (or Aura)?

An example
What sexy features do you see most often on others....?

Many of the best looking woman I've seen over the years are flat chested. One I knew in H.S. ran track and at age 50 plus she still looks great. Always fit for her body typology and one of the best natural gaits (great legs / hips). Occasionally I'd see he a few years back when watching a nephews little league games and I'd notice her wearing a padded bra to add emphasis. Something you can do when out and about as a test to see what type of males are noticing you and what they pay attention too.

Mod cut.

If you're considering augmentation, a drawback - outside of return visits to maintain whatever size shape you desire - is that many often lose erogenous pleasure with cosmetic surgery. Please educate yourself on all the physical considerations before doing so.

Also, there are some physical activities that can enhance the muscle tissue under the natural breasts you possess. You don't have to work out like a body builder to do so, and some like swimming are all around healthy.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-10-2017 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: Off-topic comments and links.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty