Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
Dark hose with a little 'support' ... Hides a multitude of sins...

I bet you'd look fantastic.
LOL, love the comment about support hose, I have those rotten german peasant legs, long, but waaaaayyyy too much muscle, I look like a football player in drag in a short skirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 06:12 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,829,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
LOL, love the comment about support hose, I have those rotten german peasant legs, long, but waaaaayyyy too much muscle, I look like a football player in drag in a short skirt.
LOL!! I don't have the excess muscle (wish I did! ) but there are some SERIOUS man-knees hiding under that hose... I've always envied women with *dainty* little kneecaps...

Old 03-27-2008, 03:11 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
I'm 49 and on occasion, I still wear short skirts and short shorts... and my boyfriend approves! I wore a faux leopard skin mini skirt and fishnets to my 25th high school reunion. For my 30th, it was a black mini skirt with a long black crocheted overskirt.

If you have the legs for it, then flaunt it!!

Old 03-27-2008, 06:04 PM

And I bet you looked gorgeous, Miu..... long time, no see, good to see you!

Old 03-27-2008, 06:15 PM

43 posts, read 215,692 times
In all honesty here... I have always believed for a person to wear whatever makes them happy. Flaunt what you have and asset what you don't right? Who cares what the women on TV say when they say "oh no girl don't wear that you aren't young enough anymore" Older women can look just as good if they have the right mind set.

When it comes down to it...really it's only about personality and attitude.

If you want to wear short skirts then go for it.

Don't let people on TV or in magazines tell you what you can, and cannot wear.

I am only 25, but my mother wears the same type of clothing I do, (we don't have to talk about her age ) cute and fashionable. (she likes the younger look of clothing) No one tells her differently and she is comfortable and feels cute in what she wears. If you feel comfortable and if it makes you feel cute, then go for it!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 09:12 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
Quote:
And I bet you looked gorgeous, Miu..... long time, no see, good to see you!
Thanks x2!! However, I have the good sense to avoid lowrider jeans. And I haven't worn a bikini in several decades. My body isn't perfect by any means, but my legs are my best asset. My mom and I have long legs which is unusual because of our Chinese heritage.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Thanks x2!! However, I have the good sense to avoid lowrider jeans. And I haven't worn a bikini in several decades. My body isn't perfect by any means, but my legs are my best asset. My mom and I have long legs which is unusual because of our Chinese heritage.
OMG, bikini, thats a dirty word!!!!!! I havent worn one since DD was about 4, before gravity kicked in

Old 03-27-2008, 09:32 PM

184 posts, read 1,544,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I was thinking of a cruise in my retirement years. They have formal nights. I notice that most of the stores carry very little selection for the older women, though retired people have the time, and sometimes the money, to take these vacations. The cocktail dresses, many of them, are mostly above the knee. The gowns, most, reveal the invariable droops that occur with age. Many of the offerings for the older woman look like things seen in the old black and white films of the 40's.
That's something I do find frustrating: dressier clothes that don't look either (a) frumpy or (b) geared toward women under 40. My main complaint is the deep-V neckline that it seems almost EVERY dress has had for the past several years. Let's be honest: whether it's no-longer-youthful skin, a less-than-perky bustline, or the appearance of veins in the breastbone area, those wide deep necklines often are just not flattering to retirement-age gals like myself. The LAST thing I want is a vertical line accentuating whatever lines in my face that I have! Whatever happened to the bateau, portrait, and Sabrina necklines? They are almost never seen nowadays and are so much more flattering to most women than the "plunging V" that's seen in every store.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:34 PM

I have seen the portrait neckline everywhere this spring! I love it, one of my faves!

Old 03-28-2008, 06:41 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Quote:
HEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!
I need to object to that notion!!!!
German legs here to...but I DON'T look like a football player in drag....(more like a soccer player....ROTFL!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty