U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer clean shaven or some scruff?
Clean Shaven 49 63.64%
Some Scruff 28 36.36%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM

1,674 posts, read 394,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I wear a beard, because I always hated to shave. When it gets about an inch long, I go to my barber and have it cut back to about half an inch.

When I retired and no longer had a reason to shave, I just quit doing it.

My wife puts up with my idiosyncrasy. If anybody else doesn't like my beard, it is THEIR problem, not mine.

It only becomes *your* problem.....if your wife doesn’t like it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM

1,011 posts, read 641,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You've really considered this topic in depth, haven't you? I'm impressed.

Not really. It just popped up as a stream of thought.

But upon further consideration... I used to hate all facial hair on men, but my opinion changed upon recently seeing it on some men. Caveats already provided.

Long beards are harder to carry off, but it works for some when the beard hides features such as weak chins, no lips, or turkey neck. But only if the beard is thick rather than spotty/scraggly.

Don't like: ZZ Top guys

Very nice: George Custer in full beard ( esp. paired with that hat). Full beard, not the Van Dyke.

Last edited by mingna; Yesterday at 07:17 AM..

Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM

1,011 posts, read 641,654 times
And because it obscures certain facial features, a beard will, by default, emphasize others, especially the eyes. So attractive eyes are enhanced.

Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM

22,848 posts, read 14,965,936 times
My DH is clean shaven, and to my knowledge has never considered growing a beard.

Frankly, I’d hate to kiss a guy with “scruff.” But I personally don’t mind neatly trimmed beards. I am turned off by long, hillbilly beards.

However what I do like is a man who is confident enough to do what he wants with his appearance, especially if he practices good grooming. A nicely groomed older man is a guy I would admire, frankly. For me, it is about overall good grooming more than a beard.

But I am old, and my attitudes are probably out of date.

Old Today, 12:43 AM

3,853 posts, read 8,809,403 times
Beard for me

Old Today, 08:47 AM

11,045 posts, read 5,165,390 times
I like facial hair on most guys but I also prefer a hairy chest.

Old Today, 09:00 AM

37,008 posts, read 42,678,461 times
I'm fine with stubble and close beards, never cared for the shaggy Duck Dynasty, ZZ Top, old school biker, etc. style of beads.

Also fine with cleanshaven.

My husband is military, so he is almost always cleanshaven, unless we're on vacation, then he kicks back and leaves stubble. They're allowed to do moustaches, but no beard, and some go that route. I'm glad he doesn't, because moustache sans beard is so bad.

My dad has had a close beard literally my whole life. I've only seen his chin in pictures. He grew it when it was on trend in the mid-70s, and just left it. We joke that since it's come back around and he is now trendy again, he's the original hipster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or