Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 08:09 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,699,261 times

Advertisements

When I was working I had a very schizoid closet. Business suits by Tahari, Armani, and other designers and field clothes by Lands End and Duluth Trading Company.
Now that I'm retired I'm almost exclusively Lands End and Duluth. I agree you need watch trendier items. They make great t-shirts and shorts, very long wearing.
Occasionally I will pick up an item from Chico's for something a bit splashier.
For shoes, Allegra, Bucketfeet and Cloud, very comfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 08:42 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retire in MB View Post
When I was working I had a very schizoid closet. Business suits by Tahari, Armani, and other designers and field clothes by Lands End and Duluth Trading Company.
Now that I'm retired I'm almost exclusively Lands End and Duluth. I agree you need watch trendier items. They make great t-shirts and shorts, very long wearing.
Occasionally I will pick up an item from Chico's for something a bit splashier.
For shoes, Allegra, Bucketfeet and Cloud, very comfortable.
I love Tahari. One of my favorite brands. Fits me good, know my size, great quality ,etc.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:53 PM

41,951 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Jockey underwear, Bali bras
LL Bean or Lands End for T-shirts
LL Bean for boots

Macy's had a brand of women's sportswear called Karen Scott that Federated inherited in the May merger that I liked very much. Dunno if it's still there - I haven't been to Macy's in ages. Every time I pull a Karen Scott turtleneck out of the drawer, I remind myself to check it out, but haven't yet.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:04 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,559,149 times
Nope, no brand loyalty.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:40 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,249,738 times
Lands End. The women’s petite pants fit with no issue. The tees are great - and they started having patterns! Love patterns.

Just tried Woman Within to get some nicer work shirts. Wow, I checked their size charts before I purchased when I got them they were the right size via the shoulder, but wildly billowed out from there — they were all made by a tent maker and the quality is incredibly awful. Back they went. I’m wearing one around the house because I needed something warm.

Considering how fitted they looked, they must have pinned them up the back. And yes, I know they’re cheap, I wanted cheap.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:06 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,306,731 times
No brand loyalty but I do buy most of my pants at Chico's because they fit well in the rise and the straight leg ankle length, which seems to be what's "in" now, aren't too long despite the fact that I am only 5' 1".

I bought numerous t-shirts on sale at The Gap and at New York and Company last year and every one of them wound up with little pin holes in them. I'm finding that a lot in clothes lately. The quality just isn't there unless you want to spend big bucks.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:18 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,387,300 times
I used to when the brands/companies cared about their products. I find most brands whether it clothes, appliances, cars, tools, etc., have cheapened their products and they are no longer as good. So as long as the businesses don't have quality control and they just mass produce sub par material I will buy cheap and what I think fits/works the best. Because if it's going to be crap at least I didn't waste good money on it.

I do shop for "old" Levi's at yard sales and flea markets. So I am still loyal to the old Levi's.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:31 AM

50,353 posts, read 63,939,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
There was a time when I found Eddie Bauer to be dependable enough to pay their prices. That isn't the case now, as their clothing becomes thinner every year. I'm still loyal to Levis though.
I am loyal to certain brands that fit me. Some of my favorite things are from Eddie Bauer, but the sizing is really a crapshoot. I adore my yellow EB raincoat, but I always have to go up a size on most everything like pants and tops. They had straight leg corduroy jeans that I lived in all winter, but then the waist got way too small, so I quit buying them.

Lands End is a staple with me and so is JJill.

I used to buy Tall RL Polo shirts for hubby, when they went on sale, but they really don’t perform as well as cheaper polos. The collars get all wonky, and they shrink in the length. Now I buy him Foundary from JCP and they launder beautifully and are super cheap.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:59 PM

344 posts, read 244,974 times
I'm not particularly brand loyal although I do have some favorites. I mostly shop at Kohl's or Macy's. I get great deals (sometimes you have to work at it) and the quality has been good.

Yes, Ohiogirl - Karen Scott is still there!

Old 01-10-2018, 08:43 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,710,189 times
Since I turned 30 (2 years ago), I have been finding myself becoming more and more brand loyal. It is just easier to shop when you can limit your option. Especially with online shopping, I can narrow my options much faster. I will still buy different brand but most likely I will find something in the following brand I have been wearing. Sometimes, especially if I am browsing online, I will limit the few specific brands because I know there is higher probability of me finding something there or willing to pay the price for it

I like:
Shoes - Anne Klein. I have other brands for occasional wear but everyday wear is AK
Clothes I shop in Old Navy, Khols (Apt. 9 & Simply vera Vera wang), JcP (Worthington & A.n.a), Macy's (INC & Style & Co) & if I ever find discounted Vince Camuto, i will get that in heart beat. these are the first place I will look, I still shop at other place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty