Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 12:27 PM

473 posts, read 760,786 times

Advertisements

Are there any brands you have been loyal to for years? Any brands you have abandoned because of lack of quality, lack of innovative design, pricing, etc.?

For example, I used to like INC (Macy's) back in 2009-2010. But it seems like every season is the same retread of the paisley/tribal prints, the same silhouettes, etc. What I see from INC now is very similar to what I was seeing then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 03:39 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Lands End. I've been buying from them since the late 1980s, I think. I've always liked their clothes, and their value. I still buy from them, but I have to be careful now. The reliable things, like polo shirts and tee shirts are still good. But they also make other trendier things that are not 100% cotton and don't seem as nice to me. I own multiple pairs of their jeans, and they wear well. But honestly, I have never had a pair jeans from any retailer that fit me very well. But they wear well.

LL Bean. At least I want to buy from them. But their clothes don't fit, and I've just given up. Time was I could find things for myself there. But their XL is often too big, and their L is always too small. And the tees are too short waisted. But if I could, I'd order from them a lot. I like their clothes.

Duluth Trading Co. I really just began ordering from them about 4 years ago. I've had to understand that some of their stuff will be too big or too little. They haven't mastered the consistency of sizing yet. But they make good solid knitwear. I've worn one of their utility jackets for going on three years now, and it has worn quite well. I imagine I'll wear it a solid 10 years. I absolutely love their knit tanks that cling to me, and allow me to wear other stuff over them in the winter. They are the best, period, for a cold climate.

Years ago, especially when I took a 1X, I wore pieces from the Raltph Lauren department store collection. I liked their denim pieces and some of their tees. I tried to buy them on sale, because of their cost. But I don't think highly of Lauren now. Their stuff shrinks and doesn't wear well. I think their stuff is now overpriced.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:42 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times
Everyone should know by now what my signature brand is (Hint: One of their most popular products is known as the Advantage Polo).

Old 01-04-2018, 03:46 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
I'll be loyal to a brand if its a practical item (a car, shoes, electronics, recreational gear, etc) based on consistent quality, reliability, and how well it meets my needs. I don't buy things for superficial reasons..."fashion", popularity, surface appearance, or attention to trend. I would never buy something blindly because of a label. Trends don't interest me (other than being annoyed when I can't find a perfectly good item because its not trendy). What some media-based so-called "expert" thinks doesn't really matter. They have their own motivations. The harder they advertise it the more skeptical I tend to get. I'd never continue to buy a brand if the quality is gone. Don't care who else does or why. Junk is junk.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:26 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
There was a time when I found Eddie Bauer to be dependable enough to pay their prices. That isn't the case now, as their clothing becomes thinner every year. I'm still loyal to Levis though.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:32 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,950,129 times
My biggest brand loyalty is with sneakers. I really like Pumas and have been buying them almost exclusively for the last 7-8 years.

Aside from that, I don't have a ton of brand loyalty when it comes to garments or shoes

Old 01-05-2018, 10:33 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Long and short sleeve t-shirts--Eddie Bauer. I know how they will fit. It's true that sometimes the quality is not what it was in the past. I typically stock up when they have a good sale.

Shoes--there is one particular style of Clark's mules/clogs I've been wearing for years. They change the colors and the styling a bit periodically, but the basic heel and sizing is the same. I have multiple pairs as they are extremely comfortable, and I can wear them all year inside. I don't wear them outside in colder weather (no heel covering makes them too cold for snowy, cold weather).

I used to be a Levi's fan. Something changed this year, and I couldn't find a pair that fit properly. I'll also buy Lee jeans if I can find the right fit. Last fall I tried on at least 40 pairs of jeans. I found a single pair that I thought was a good fit. Basic, straight leg, mid-rise jeans. Not the most stylish, but good enough for everyday wear.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:28 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Few brands are consistent enough to earn my loyalty. Old reliable clothing brands have cheapened out on fabrics or have inconsistent sizing.

I have been quite happy with my Coach purses, so I guess that is one place I have loyalty.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
There was a time when I found Eddie Bauer to be dependable enough to pay their prices. That isn't the case now, as their clothing becomes thinner every year. I'm still loyal to Levis though.
I’ve noticed that Bauer's clothing zippers are hard to work. It seems like they could put better zips in their clothing.

Old 01-05-2018, 05:34 PM

For me it isn’t so much about brand loyalty. It is more about knowing that a garment is going to wash and wear well without shrinking. And that pieces are consistently sized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty