Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 05:43 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times

Advertisements

Help! Can anyone tell me a jean that doesn't just hang in the rear end? My husbands jeans all seam to look this way and its driving me nuts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2018, 06:29 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,762,507 times
Of course the simplest answer is just to wear a belt. That'll almost always work.

But the cut of the jean is really important too when you're looking for "full coverage". Jeans come in different cuts now --skinny, slim, straight, athletic--and hubby is probably wearing the wrong one. Not knowing his age, weight, or body type, I can't tell you what he should be wearing, so I'd recommend going to a store and trying on different cuts of Levi's or Gap (both widely available brands with a variety of cuts, though of course there are other brands too) and see which ones fit the best. Then stick with that brand. Pricier than just picking up what you can find at Wal-Mart? Of course. But you get what you pay for. And once you find a band and cut that fits right, you can order online from that point on and never have to schlep to the mall again to buy a pair of jeans.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:01 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
Did you mean plumbers butt? Or are you talking about there being too much baggy fabric in the seat of the pants below the pockets? My husband had that because he wouldn't try on any jeans. He just bought the relaxed fit in his current size. My kids started teasing him that it looked like he was wearing depends, so he actually went and tried on jeans in different styles and bought some that fit.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:16 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Sometimes a brand will say "fits below the waist" My interpretation, for guys thirty and under. I like the relax and lose fit from Cinch. You don't have to pull them up like you'er a bull rider If you don't have that kind of body, but they seem to fit right at the waist.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:41 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
Not plumbers crack but a plethora of sag and bag in the seat. It doesn't seem to matter if the jeans are inexpensive or top of the line. Tried them all. Even took them to a tailor who said there was nothing they could do. He wears his jeans very low on the hip. He wears a belt. Ive suggested wearing the jeans higher on his hips and he says , well he makes a very MAN like statement about his man parts and the discomfort of doing that. As a woman I would say they are too long in the stride but not sure thats the correct term for it with men. I should say this isn't just jeans, but also khakis, slacks etc.

Old 01-10-2018, 12:15 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Possibly too long in the crotch. He wears them low, so that allows fabric to sag below his posterior.

If he refuses to change how he wears his jeans, this problem might be insoluble.

Do they make low riders for men?

Old 01-10-2018, 12:51 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
Get jeans that are made to sit low on the hip. My husband wears his jeans there and levis slim straight fit works. His work pants look too big in the butt. At his last job they didn't provide uniform pants, so he wore Dickies and they seemed designed to be worn low. I've noticed if my husband goes up to a size 38, most pants get much baggier at that size, like the butt and legs are cut a lot more generously.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:34 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,524,829 times
Look toward cowboy brands like Wranglers, Cinch, Ariat.

Old 01-10-2018, 02:09 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Is your husband an older guy? Maybe with a bit of belly? Seems like, with some guys (including my husband) they get a belly and they lose their butt.

My husband prefers the Wrangler brand "relaxed fit" pants. They are the only brand of jeans he'll wear. Thus, the butt is saggy, and the waistband is below the waist...more like on the hips. It's not the most flattering look, but I'm not going to change his mind. It's frustration for me...and I give up. lol

I do have maybe a bit of advice...not sure.

A while back, I saw a video on how to make women's jeans less saggy in the butt. (For those who deal with that issue.)

Have your husband try the jeans on inside out, and then pin excess fabric around the hips, on the outside, tapering out. Do that on each leg. And then sew the seams where you've marked them with the pins. (I hope I'm making sense).

You don't want to pin the seams TOO tight, but when you sew the new seams, it automatically pulls that excess material away from the butt.

Might be too much work ...but maybe it's a workable solution, if you can't find anything that's fitting him, off the shelf.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:06 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,862,782 times
Get him some girl jeans! I see younger men buying them all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty