U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:55 AM

22,064 posts, read 40,041,054 times

Advertisements

I love a good bubble bath with no lights on but several candles but Im trying to find a good bubble bath to buy?

I like Calgon but I want something better and the Calgon I use does not seem to produce bubbles. I would like a very soothing bath with lots of bubbles.

What do you like to use and anyone have one of those bath pillows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 10:06 PM

2,588 posts, read 7,023,604 times
Try putting some baking soda in the water--your water sounds like it's "hard" (lots of minerals keep bubbles from forming!) The baking soda will 'soften" the water a bit! Use about 1/4 cup!

Old 03-22-2008, 02:29 PM

85 posts, read 245,614 times
To topic, I've been wondering why my bath products don't bubble up like they used to, might be what earlier posted stated about the hard water. Think I'll try the baking soda solution.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 03-23-2008 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: Orphaned Inappropriate Quote

Old 03-22-2008, 02:44 PM

1,939 posts, read 3,984,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilll View Post
To topic, I've been wondering why my bath products don't bubble up like they used to, might be what earlier posted stated about the hard water. Think I'll try the baking soda solution.
I use bath salts, along with a caress silk body wash.. I put the salts in and pour a cap full of the body wash under the faucet. I could never find a bath that actually formed bubbles either. I love my baths now : )

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 03-23-2008 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: Orphaned Inappropriate Quote

Old 03-23-2008, 10:09 AM

5,289 posts, read 4,423,903 times
I haven't taken a bubble bath in quite some time but when I have I take it in candlelight too.I noticed it's hard to find a good bubble bath soap too,it's like the make them whimpier now.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:50 PM

20,497 posts, read 16,833,901 times
Yea, rarely but who doesnt like bubble baths? When I do take one, I know it sounds kinda ghetto but I try to stay low-budget when possible a squirt of my melon shampoo works just as good as some costly bubble bath stuff, it softens, smells good and most of all, still makes lotsa bubbles!

Old 03-24-2008, 03:30 AM

22,064 posts, read 40,041,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Surge View Post
Yea, rarely but who doesnt like bubble baths? When I do take one, I know it sounds kinda ghetto but I try to stay low-budget when possible a squirt of my melon shampoo works just as good as some costly bubble bath stuff, it softens, smells good and most of all, still makes lotsa bubbles!
LOL

I have gone ghetto before with my bubble baths before nothing does bubbles like Palmolive.

I also have used epson salt and oatmeal baths for relaxation.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:24 AM

1,822 posts, read 5,148,917 times
I LOVE bubblebaths! I use Mr. Bubble- something about that scent just relaxes me. Yummy. I've also used epsom salt- I hear its great for detoxifying. I used to use a line of bath cream from Vaseline- it came in a few varieties and it bubbled up just fine for me. I havent used it in a while and I'm not sure if they even make them anymore.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 AM

105 posts, read 353,032 times
I found a Mr. Bubble Extra Gentle (no fragrance, or dyes) last time I was at the beach which bubbles up wonderfully, the bubbles form a thick layer very quickly and don't all pop in the first 10 minutes like a lot of them and it doesn't have a very noticable scent, which lets me add in peppermint oil for a fantastic bath

Old 03-24-2008, 11:19 AM

42 posts, read 85,385 times
i use radox bubble bath that is really good. but the bubbles aslo depend on what type of water you have. e.g hard water, soft water
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty