Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 05:19 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,402,491 times

Advertisements

Wear your dresses to work. You'll stand out as one of the best dressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 05:30 PM

23,869 posts, read 32,134,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I was perusing clothes the other day and saw a rack of really beautiful dresses. It made me sigh. I love dresses. Cocktail dresses, maxi dresses, A-line...mini..long...I just feel so awesome when wearing a dress. The right dress can make a woman feel like a million bucks, a feeling I just don't get when I wear pants. But I have so few opportunities to wear one. My law firm is business casual for all and if you wear a dress/suit you somewhat stick out as being "overdressed". The only time suits are worn is for court. I'm a mom, so things are pretty casual, as to be expected. The only time when I can wear a nice dress is for some odd special occasion and to work every now and then. i'd love to have half my closet comprised of dresses but I'd be wasting my money.

Any others feel the way that I do?
Have I met my "soul sister"?

I prefer DRESSES and SKIRTS. All types. I don't give a fig about what other people think - I wear dresses A LOT.

There are dresses that can be worn in very casual situations, and others that are more formal.

Don't worry about your law firm! Business casual can include dresses. Why do ALL women feel they must wear pants or pants suits? I think pants suits are UGLY. I have since they came out in the 1970s.
I have NEVER in my life worn a pants suit. And never will.

Start wearing casual dresses to work. You will be in for a shock. People will compliment you! You will feel GREAT. And, in my own experience, a few others will begin wearing dresses.

I LOVE mid century modern style. Women wore dresses then. Sheaths are timeless and casual.

I do have a couple of pairs of vintage influenced side zipped skinny slacks. OF COURSE I have jeans.

In the Summer, while I do wear shorts, I love retro and vintage sun dresses.

You love dresses? GO FOR IT!!!

Old 01-23-2018, 11:09 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,921,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
I say do it anyway. And make the change gradually over a period of time.

For all you know you have colleagues that feel the same way you do. You'll probably get compliments.
Why not?

Old 01-24-2018, 01:07 PM

13,436 posts, read 15,337,866 times
LOL. Thanks guys

Old 01-24-2018, 07:20 PM

17,454 posts, read 38,838,370 times
Chiming in to say I love dresses, and love dressing up. I see nothing wrong with dressing how you want, as long as it is appropriate for the occasion/venue and you aren't breaking any laws.

You work out and look great so show off your stuff! You are a classy lady and I am thinking you could be a style leader at your workplace.

Old 01-25-2018, 01:05 AM

15,630 posts, read 26,110,200 times
And there are casual dresses. Pair it with flats, and it’s a business casual. Just no sandals or flip flops. Although, the bank I worked for allowed peep toes with a solid heel or sling backs with a solid toe.

But that was when hose was mandatory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty