Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 08:25 PM

6,191 posts, read 7,357,387 times

Advertisements

Mine are perfectly in between.

I also think it depends on your face---some might look better with a thicker brow and some might better with a thinner brow. (I'm not saying bush vs pencil thin.)

I wouldn't play around too much with brows---I've seen the damage done on some people and it isn't pretty. You could always try to make them slighter thinner and see if you like it. I don't think you have to go completely one way or the other only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2018, 08:35 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Madium thickness but not bushy. Strays at the bottom are best plucked IMO.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:01 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times
Have had the discussion with my wife for years. When I first met her, she had nice medium thickness eyebrows, with a faint uni-brow. She got the uni brow permanently removed. She eventually was convinced to get the entire brows removed so they can tatoo a base for the eyebrow pencil. What women do to feel sexy... Too bad she cant grow them back, I loved the fullness and character a nice set of eyebrows give off. I cant help to chuckle inside and feel sorry when I see a woman go out in public with out coloring in her brows.

I am a man , and I like my eyebrows natural. A little plucking looks ok, grooming is acceptable. But please, dont remove them. That Chola look does not work!

Old 01-22-2018, 11:20 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Natural. This eyebrow obsession....
Waiting for it to die off.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:29 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,714 times
I like medium eyebrows, not the bushiness of the 1980s but also not like the over tweezed look from a 1972 Italian movie where the ladies have almost nonexistent eyebrows just like a thin line. I think Elizabeth Hurley has nice eyebrows and they arch well.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:31 PM

8,495 posts, read 4,161,714 times
I should qualify the Elizabeth Hurley sentence by saying not the eyebrows she had when she was in her early 20s, those were some terrible eyebrows, but the late 20s and onward, perfect eyebrows.

Old 01-22-2018, 11:44 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
So what do you like better on women... thick or thin eyebrows?

I am a woman. I personally hate thin eyebrows. Mine are thick and I love them. My fiancé wants me to make them thinner. I think thin eyebrows are unattractive.

I suppose I can try it for him once but when they grow back will they still come in the same as my thick ones now?

What do you like better - thick or thin?
I prefer thicker, up to a point. And not going too close together in between the eyes.

Don't pluck or wax them. They won't fully grow back.

I have sparse, kind of thinnish brows. But not pencil point thin. They've always been that way. They have a natural arch in the middle, but I like brows that are thicker and sort of straight across. Oh, well. They look fine. I have to fill them in a bit because they're sparse, which is a hassle.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:01 AM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
I can't get past the fact that her fiance cares about how how thin or thick her EYEBROWS are!

I have never had an SO comment on or care about my eyebrows. I guess they must look OK, and they are totally natural. I stopped plucking back in the late '70s when I was in high school -- it was too painful AND the plucked brows didn't look all that different to me.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:19 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
So what do you like better on women... thick or thin eyebrows?

I am a woman. I personally hate thin eyebrows. Mine are thick and I love them. My fiancé wants me to make them thinner. I think thin eyebrows are unattractive.

I suppose I can try it for him once but when they grow back will they still come in the same as my thick ones now?

What do you like better - thick or thin?
Remove your fiance's man-card.

Old 01-23-2018, 06:12 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,664,651 times
once fiancé gets eyebrows fixed, what other suggestions might he make concerning personal grooming

He might be a lovely person but this would be a red flag to me.

Addressing the eyebrow issue on its own, I might neaten up but not thin them too much. Get them threaded by someone who knows what they're doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty