Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 10:11 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,717,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Gold Bond has a hand sanitizing lotion.

Lmao I just googled it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 10:29 PM

1,047 posts, read 725,444 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
In the last 5 months, I started wearing lotion not only more regularly, but also obsessively.

The thing with using lotion most aren't really effective for a tight ass hand washer like me, most aren't water proof and stuff.

So this creates a problem of me having to use lotion like every hour or so.

Are there any lotions that are very resistant to washing out?

Don't care about the gender marketing, most male lotions anyways are crap tbh, but I still buy more from my market simply because is my nature to do so
Use https://www.drbronner.com/ No residue. If you are a clean freak sometimes just use alcohol on hands and then an all natural lotion. I am sickened by my roommate so if we touch the same thing I will put alcohol on my hands b/c I know he doesn't wait for HOT water after he uses bathroom. People are disgusting.

Old 01-23-2018, 10:54 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,717,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
Use https://www.drbronner.com/ No residue. If you are a clean freak sometimes just use alcohol on hands and then an all natural lotion. I am sickened by my roommate so if we touch the same thing I will put alcohol on my hands b/c I know he doesn't wait for HOT water after he uses bathroom. People are disgusting.
And **** like this is what pushes the germaphobia onto me, dude I saw a kid not wash his hands after taking a dump today. How nasty are you not to wash your hands after taking a dump? School students are nasty.

Old 01-24-2018, 12:50 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
If your hands are really bothering you, you could consider wearing cotton gloves and vaseline or heavy creams or ointments overnight. That might lessen your need for lotions or creams during the day. Looks kinda silly, but who's going to know?
https://4044e4d9bb28f4ab5984-baf8685..._89079_std.jpg
PS wash with warm water, not hot, just use a gentle soap or alcohol free cleanser and wash well. Hot water is too harsh on skin

Old 01-24-2018, 05:13 AM

1,047 posts, read 725,444 times
We have been told too many times only hot kills germs so we cannot stop and start on warm (some of us). I love coconut unrefined oil and yes, gloves on w this stuff would be great. But we need hot water. I know a lot of people that have no patience for the hot water to come on and think soap and cold water is fine after bathroom. They make me ill. Some germs are fine -- I hear you, but that one is REALLY bad and can hurt you.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:40 AM

4,699 posts, read 3,277,300 times
O'Keeffe's Healthy Hands. O'Keeffe's has a whole line of awesome products.

Old 01-24-2018, 09:10 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
And **** like this is what pushes the germaphobia onto me, dude I saw a kid not wash his hands after taking a dump today. How nasty are you not to wash your hands after taking a dump? School students are nasty.
This can go really far. What about shopping carts, door handles, signing for the UPS driver, opening your own car door, shaking hands, handling a remote control, hotel rooms, hugging someone. Just think about all the contact you have with people and things, not to mention stuff that is airborne. At some point you may find yourself in the fetal position with a 5 gallon bucket of sanitize lotion by your side with your thumb in your mouth. Oops, thumb in mouth, YIKES!!!!

Old 01-24-2018, 09:40 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,123,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
We have been told too many times only hot kills germs so we cannot stop and start on warm (some of us). I love coconut unrefined oil and yes, gloves on w this stuff would be great. But we need hot water. I know a lot of people that have no patience for the hot water to come on and think soap and cold water is fine after bathroom. They make me ill. Some germs are fine -- I hear you, but that one is REALLY bad and can hurt you.
I know it's really hard to go against what you've heard since you were a kid, but recent studies show that for hot water to have any affect it would need to be hotter than your hands can stand. What gets rid of the germs is the soap and the friction of washing and rinsing.
https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show...ndwashing.html
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...energy-health/
https://www.thespruce.com/does-hot-w...cteria-1900379

Old 01-24-2018, 09:45 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,662,783 times
Gloves in a Bottle is a shielding lotion that will last through several hand washings. I used something similar when frequent hand washing was called for.

Search shielding or barrier lotions..... and keep up the good work. The world is a filthy place. I hope you don't wear your shoes in your house

Old 01-24-2018, 10:06 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
I blame schools indoctrinating that you need to wash your hands every damn hour or so.
Which school was that? I never experienced that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty