Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 10:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times

Advertisements

I do not shave much. My hair is really fine and I barely have any. Maybe a dozen hairs on each leg. I shave when I notice a hair that looks long. It feels like a waste of time. There are only a few hairs after I do both legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 10:37 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
I shave my legs if I'm wearing shorts or a skirt or if I know I'm getting laid (though that's more for myself given the FWB really doesn't care). I don't see why people get so skeeved out by hair on a woman's legs (or pubic area), honestly. I'll admit to caving to societal pressures on that one, and I like the smooth look when I'm dressing up.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:06 AM

7,024 posts, read 4,885,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
One of the blessings of menopause — the hair on my legs is gone. The bad part of menopause? It migrated to my upper lip and chin.
It could be worse. On men, their hair falls from the top of their head into their nostrils and ears.

I don't shave my legs very often in winter at all unless I have a doctor's appointment or something. I'm blind as a bat without my glasses and I can't wear them in the bathtub without them fogging up, so shaving my legs is always hit or miss anyway.

But yes, menopause has given me new hair on my face, too. My dream is to have every hair lasered out (after laser eye surgery, liposuction, and plastic surgery). Meantime, I'm also still having outbreaks of acne. It's like my body can't decide whether it wants to be an old lady or a teenager and my face is caught right in the middle, to say nothing of my hormones (I think I'm young enough to jump a fence only to find I can't ).

Old 02-01-2018, 07:18 AM

5,449 posts, read 4,042,372 times
well I am jealous of all you "fine, sparse, light" hair people. Mine could be seen from across the room. Gotten a little sparser with menopause but still needs shaving.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:22 AM

1,299 posts, read 822,293 times
I'm a ginger person, I'm one of those lucky ones with light and sparse leg hair. I shave in winter maybe once a month when I feel like it.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:45 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
For me it's the feel too because it doesn't really "show" - it is so light in color. But even fine hair feels stubbly, a bit, when it grows in. Ick...
But then if you let it grow even more, it's softer. I don't have blonde hair, but I don't have a lot of it, so in the winter I shave maybe a couple of times a month. It's cold. I need the extra layer.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:51 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,014,750 times
I hardly ever shave in the winter. No one but my husband sees my legs in the winter, so I don't bother, unless they're feeling prickly.

Now when the weather gets warmer, that's a different story. If I'm not at work, I'm in shorts, so I do shave more often then.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:13 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
so all the non shavers - ya'll single??? I cannot imagine getting out of bed in the morning and the light shines on my hairy legs and my partner sees it.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:31 AM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
so all the non shavers - ya'll single??? I cannot imagine getting out of bed in the morning and the light shines on my hairy legs and my partner sees it.
I'm single right now, but if my boyfriend was unaware that women in general and I in particular are not naturally hairless, I'd worry about him. (None have ever cared.) I generally take care of what needs to be taken care of, but I'm not ashamed of having a body like those women who get up early to put on makeup or who never poop when the SO is home.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:32 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,484,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Currently, I'm single, but I've been a non shaver in relationships as well. And to be honest, none of them ever cared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty