Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:02 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times

Advertisements

I haven't used overall foundation for about 20 years, but I do use a cover stick to hide imperfections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2018, 10:08 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,635 times
There's only been one foundation that people have recommended, that I finally tried, and actually love. Every time a YT makeup guru recommends a new foundation like it's the best thing ever (which seems to be everyday now), I usually go "meh" like I know it won't work for me, but this one finally worked out. It's Estee Lauder Double Wear. It goes on nicely, does not make me break out, the color matches, does not oxidize later on, and lasts longer. It's my favorite foundation ever.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:17 AM

631 posts, read 399,563 times
I used to spend way too much time applying makeup and then last year I did 2 things that get me in and out of the bathroom in only a few minutes. I got my brows micro bladed and discovered Sephora's spray foundation.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:40 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,682,055 times
People want different finishes from their foundation. My friends likes mineral foundation, the kind you brush on, but it leaves a flatter finish than I like. I have some, too, but very seldom use it.

I prefer a medium coverage with a dewy finish, and I'm partial to an Avon foundation called ANEW. Problem now is that I don't have an Avon rep anymore.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:45 AM

3,070 posts, read 1,682,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Now, I always HATED foundation and only ever wore it for nighttime or special occasions eventually.
That's how I am with powder, only I don't use it at all. I do apply powder on my eyelashes (before mascara).

Old 02-06-2018, 10:55 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Le Mer skin tint.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:57 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Le Mer skin tint.
Ha! Yours is more expensive than my Armani Maestro. I’m gonna be miffed if you don’t get called out on it.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:59 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Ha! Yours is more expensive than my Armani Maestro. I’m gonna be miffed if you don’t get called out on it.
Yes, but the tint is made out of the moisturizer so you don't need to spend on moisturizer!

Old 02-06-2018, 11:10 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,744,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Yes, but the tint is made out of the moisturizer so you don't need to spend on moisturizer!
I love your rationalization.
I have none other than it’s the best thing on my skin and I love it.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:58 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
The Monistat is loaded with dimethicone, which is a silicone. It's basically a big tube of various silicones.

I have used Monistat in the past when I was on a budget, but it's not my favorite. It'll do in a pinch, but there are other primers I like better. (Today is the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, which is crazy expensive, but I bought the small travel size, and it's lasting a long time because you use so little. My day-to-day primer is Touch in Sol's No Poreblem)
As I said, we learned about it BEFORE the concept of primers reached most of the female population and they felt it was still better than the early ones. People weren't as clued into natural skin products.

From what I remember the silicone derivative dimethicone is different than the others. It's an oil based, which is why it works "better" for some people.

Which is why, I guess, it's in so many other products.

I guess the silicone derivative Cyclopentasiloxane in your Hourglass suits you better. Wasn't that the one that was so controversial for years? The one the EU and CA had on some toxic list then removed? Hourglass seems to have 4 different silicones so I guess that's why it's more effective for you.

I don't really keep up on all that stuff. I don't even wear nail polish because it's a pain AND I figure it can't possibly be a good thing health wise although that's not something I obsess about LOL.

I think my Bare Essentials primer must be 5 years old so maybe I'll pick up an Hourglass to have for future use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty