Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 12:04 AM

13,447 posts, read 15,464,853 times

Advertisements

I don't feel cute nor beautiful in ankle length pants. As a taller woman they remind me of pants that have been in the dryer too long. Paired with flats makes me look even more awkward and gangly...my legs are long and my torso is short. Capris are great but ankle length? No way. You tall ladies in this topic know how I feel!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 01:08 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,255,300 times
I think any style of jeans other than skinny leg ones just look weird ending at the ankle.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:27 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,945,768 times
The flood is over; the land is dry. Why do you wear your pants so high?

I'm short and I hate pants that only hit the ankle bone. They actually make me look shorter. I don't want to look shorter.

I agree that the fashion industry foists unwanted styles on us as a marketing ploy but when they abandon options entirely, they create ill-will.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:59 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,297,247 times
As a short woman I have found that these ankle pants fit me perfectly and I don't have to hem them. :-)

Smile ladies, when I was shopping last week I saw pants that were super wide and long. I think that may be the new trend introduced to make us women buy more clothes.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:42 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,068,752 times
I don't like either ankle pants or capris. They can only be worn with flats or high heels and I can't wear either type of shoe. I also own some "comfort" shoes like clogs and some clunky loafers, and I don't think the ankle pants look right with these.

If other women enjoy wearing these pants, fine, but it really annoys me that some of us cannot find the styles we want too. I browsed through 5 or 6 catalogs and all of them only have the short ankle pants to buy. I need new clothes and don't know where to go to find decent regular length pants, with a reasonable rise (not a snug crotch). Can't find them. So annoying.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:48 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,490,654 times
Love them as I’m 5’4”, long torsoed and short legged, I got so sick of having to have every pair of pants I bought hemmed.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:30 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,880,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
These pants used to be called "high waters" back in the day. Now they're popular! What gives?

I admit that as a taller than average woman, I never cared for pants that exposed ankles unless they are capris. I remember wearing ankle length pants as a child (because they didn't make pants that were long enough for tall kids) and was mercilessly ridiculed by some of my fellow classmates.

It's always been a challenge finding pants that go past the ankle and now even more so.
Omg, you are so right, fear of High Waters scarred many of us for life.

I have long legs which I consider to be lucky. However, most 'regular' length pants are a bit too short for me, and I do have to be careful about shrinkage! Lee Riders makes pants of varying lengths. I used to find those at Walmart but not anymore.

I don't mind a slim leg ankle-baring pant. But my challenge is SHOES. My feet are just the right size for my height, but most of my shoes, with these skinny/short pants, make my feet look enormous by comparison.

If I can't tuck them into boots or wear flats/sandals/heels, I'm very uncomfortable. Like, miserable all day.

I work with a lot of young people who wear leggings with tunics/dresses and flats. I can't wear flats/heels to work because they don't support my aching feet (I stand most of the day). My booty doesn't have a nice shape for leggings, and tunics that are long enough to cover it just make it look like I"m hiding my meno-pot. I do have a waist under here, really!!! I really struggle with what pants/shoes to wear so I don't look too stodgy. Garrrrrrgghhhh!

Old 02-25-2018, 09:54 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,738,147 times
I like them. I’m tall with long legs and they feel more free somehow in spring with flats or slip ons. However, I’m also 53 so not as hung up on how they look to others as I would have been years ago.
I do like them on other people too.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:22 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
They look wonderful with beautiful shoe. But I rarely wear fancy shoes & my everyday wear ladies to suit ankle length & I am not allowed to wear shoe that exposes skin at work for safety purpose so there goes fancy shoes
True! I have this one pair of awesome shoes that look best with ankle pamts. I get compliments on them with each wear.

Old 02-25-2018, 10:29 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
I think any style of jeans other than skinny leg ones just look weird ending at the ankle.
I only like skinny pants at ankle length, any fabric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty