Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 05:36 PM

1,056 posts, read 1,738,135 times

Advertisements

I use sensodyne toothpaste then I have molds I had made at the dentist I fill them with the whitening gel after I leave that on 1 hour I rinse the molds out then fill them with sensodyne and leave that on my teeth about 5 minutes. The hygienist recommended this method and it has helped with the sensitivity.

Last edited by pumpkin5; 03-30-2018 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 10:46 AM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
I had them bleached by a dentist many sears ago, I didnt see that much of a difference to do it again. I did feel a lot of sensitivity though and that i didnt enjoy.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:49 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,020 times
Yes. For people with more sensitive teeth, the in office all at once whitening would be the better option. Use sensodyne and only sensodyne for a few weeks before and after.

The trays are fine for many people, but if your teeth are really sensitive, that just drags out the process. But again, Sensodyne and only Sensodyne would help.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:52 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjohnson View Post
To get smoke stains off of my teeth I use a kitchen dish washing soap mixed with toothpaste scrubbing my teeth with an electric toothbrush. It removes the smoke stains but I am not sure if the dish cleaning soap is safe to have in my mouth.

Should I stop using this and go for something else instead?
Yes, you should stop. You don't want to be ingesting that.

Have you tried using baking soda instead? Of course, no smoke would be the best option.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 516 times
There is 2 major whitening procedures
1 at the dental office by "laser" so-called and it takes 45-60 minutes
2 you buy from dental office 4-6 syringes with 15%-20% sodium bicarbonate and do it at home one week for lower jaw and one week for upper jaw- do not do it 2 jaws together
and other ways toothpastes for whitening better Natural
look this website http://www.naturaltoothpasteproducts...-for-witening/

Old 09-24-2018, 03:54 PM

4,295 posts, read 2,765,393 times
I did the trays a few years ago. Worked great - I did have some sensitiivity.

Now, I just use the white strips. They are quite effective.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:00 AM

50,370 posts, read 63,964,084 times
I whitened my teeth once. Yes, the whitening agent can be uncomfortable.
Here’s the thing, the bleach will take off staining, but it won’t change the color of your enamel. My teeth are naturally sort of a blue gray off white, and they’ll always be this way.

Plus, I think Ive heard that the bleaching makes the teeth more porous, so they’ll stain easier.

Old 10-01-2018, 09:46 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,126,824 times
Thank God I have whiter teeth anyway.
I brush with baking soda. Most of the time, but not all.

I can't relate to putting bleach in my mouth to whiten teeth. Wouldn't even consider it. But then again Mm teeth aren't badly stained.

Goo luck to you who are dealing with that issue.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:35 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC refugee View Post
I've known some older people, generally black people from the south, with the most gleaming white teeth imaginable.
Many black people are blessed with very white teeth, by nature. (And in my limited experience black women have such nice, soft, moist, supple skin!) There is also the contrast issue.

I've tried the Crest strips to no effect. I asked my dentist about in-office whitening, and he told me the difference would be so subtle as to be unnoticeable. There is also the problem that any bridges, caps, and implants were matched to my current teeth color, and that they too would have to be replaced or it would look odd.

I decided to just quit worrying about the color of my teeth. Working out at my gym is doing much more for upping my attractiveness, and working out at a gym is guaranteed to give you a better looking and more attractive body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty