U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2018, 07:52 AM

2,183 posts, read 1,016,964 times

Advertisements

Not talking about this thread specifically, just in general

Anyway, I wonder when this idea started that somehow it was more virtuous to not wash every day. Like where did this idea come from?

I remember growing up 20 years ago, most of us washed our hair every day without fail except for those who had very curly or thick hair.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 08:13 AM

8,681 posts, read 4,864,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post

Anyway, I wonder when this idea started that somehow it was more virtuous to not wash every day. Like where did this idea come from?

I remember growing up 20 years ago, most of us washed our hair every day without fail except for those who had very curly or thick hair.
Western Europe, circa 16th century. Kind of like how bell bottoms come back into fashion every couple of decades, lol.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:20 PM

299 posts, read 129,048 times
Regardless of what people say and how they rave on and on about not using shampoo or soap, I am going to shampoo my hair with shampoo and wash my body with soap products, brush my teeth and use deodorant. I can't stand the thought of feeling or smelling nasty because "no products" are the latest thing to do. If a co worker forgets to bathe or has horrid breath or cheese odor sneaking out of their shoes and you are stuck sitting next to that funky person in a meeting and are forced to breathe out of your mouth for an hour or so, they are my inspiration for me to bathe extra long the next day with strong soap and brush my teeth with intense vigor.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:11 PM

11,494 posts, read 19,601,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookspage View Post

I think that we blame external factors for things that naturally occur. I am hypothyroid and I am aging. Two things that tend to thin and dry hair. It easier to blame the shampoo than than my thyroid.

Itís the same thing when I tell people I have crappy thin bendy fingernails via heridity. Lots of people jump in and tell me to take nail vitamins.

Now I donít wash my hair daily, it doesnít need it, and doing so Iíd have to use conditioner, which for me brings up more issues, since my hair is soft and fine and adding conditioner makes it limp.

Old Today, 04:32 AM

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Regardless of what people say and how they rave on and on about not using shampoo or soap, I am going to shampoo my hair with shampoo and wash my body with soap products, brush my teeth and use deodorant. I can't stand the thought of feeling or smelling nasty because "no products" are the latest thing to do. If a co worker forgets to bathe or has horrid breath or cheese odor sneaking out of their shoes and you are stuck sitting next to that funky person in a meeting and are forced to breathe out of your mouth for an hour or so, they are my inspiration for me to bathe extra long the next day with strong soap and brush my teeth with intense vigor.
That's true. Call me a sissy, but I can't stand my own or others sweaty smell as well as other body odors. You can't always keep it clean, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or