U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 09:44 AM

2,484 posts, read 2,194,876 times

Advertisements

2 of my nieces have them and I've asked just a few questions. They love them. They do give the appearance of opening up their eyes but they said it gets pretty expensive keeping up with them.
On a slightly different note.. I used Latisse several years ago. It works great... really great (my doc told me it would work just as well every other day to make it last longer so that's what I did). However, it does have a warning of the possibility of changing blue eyes... I have blue eyes and it did change them. They were pretty vivid blue.. now they're a grayish, blah, blue. Other eye colors are not affected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 09:46 AM

836 posts, read 404,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Thanks for updating. Do you think they make your eyes look more youthful?
I think so. A really good eye cream makes a bigger difference there. They do for your eyes what a really great mascara would do really.

Old 04-03-2018, 09:48 AM

24 posts, read 13,639 times
I LOVE THEM! my full set was $200 then i go every two weeks for fill ins for $65 i have had amazing comments on my lashes and i love them so much! I barley wear eye makeup anymore so it helps with my contacts.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:08 AM

1,898 posts, read 4,080,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
I never got them because of the horror stories I heard from people who do have them such as it pulls out their natural lashes.

I just glue on lashes every day and I love them.
I've been wearing false lashes pretty much daily for several years now. My real lashes are shot...

Old 04-10-2018, 05:19 PM

13,432 posts, read 12,110,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I would never, never do this. Not only is it expensive, I have read many horror stories about it. People, this is your EYES! They are applying permanent glue there! It does destroy whatever lashes you do have, and has been posted, some people suffer terrible allergies. Stick to mascara or falsies. And I agree it will not "open your eyes" probably have the opposite effect.
I thought thatís what we were talking about. So false eyelashes and eyelash extensions are two different things? Ok, well Iíve never tried either.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:01 PM

7,982 posts, read 7,400,899 times
I was talking with a lady and hers looked so nice, I asked how long did they last and a bunch of other questions. She told me normally she tried to go back to get refills every two to three weeks, but hadn't been back in a month. I thought wow and they still look that great, plus she didn't pay a lot where she went to get them done. I said, to myself why not, I'll give it a try. I went to the saloon where she had them done and asked for the person she used. By day two after having them done I wanted them off, by day five or six, I oiled those suckers till they slid off.

I didn't have any allergic reaction, I just couldn't stand the feel of them and maintenance is worst than having to apply mascara everyday. I thought I was cute for about two days after that, for me it was not worth the look for another minute. But you know how time sometimes weakens the reserve and memory, I have a camping trip coming up and don't want to have to wake up and apply mascara in the morning and thought hey this would be a good time for some of those permanent lashes, but then I had a flashback, so, nah. I'll just bond with nature and be al-natural.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:44 PM

2,839 posts, read 4,419,660 times
I love them. I’ve never had a problem with them. FWIW, the glue is applied to your lashes—not your eyes.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:02 PM

1,933 posts, read 2,501,118 times
I started getting them a few months ago and I absolutely LOVE them! They look and feel totally natural. In fact, I went to a new eye doctor one day last week and he commented on them and said, "Wow! You have amazingly beautiful eyelashes!" I laughed and told him that they were extensions and he was very surprised.

You have to find someone who is meticulously oriented to detail and who uses the best product available. The woman I go to uses a product called Novalash. This is the only type I have any experience with.

https://novalash.com

You do have to go on a regular basis to keep them looking good. I go about every 3 weeks or so. You can get them in many different lengths depending on the look you are going for. I get a length that I think looks very natural - not too long, so they don't look fake.

As someone else mentioned, the glue does not get in your eyes, unless you maybe go to someone who doesn't know what they're doing. I have had no adverse reactions at all and my regular lashes have not been damaged by them in any way.

Yes, they can be a bit expensive - depending on your budget, etc.

Old Today, 08:34 AM

1 posts
I made an eyelash lifting bending after the procedure is also held until the eyelashes are updated. And Tint held at least 1-1.5 months! Cool, I think)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty