Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 09:43 AM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I buy clothing as gifts for my friends and family online. Some sizes are harder to find at brick and mortar stores, for example I have some family members who wear slim fit sizes that aren't carried in physical stores. I even have a cousin who I had to buy a polo shirt in XS Slim which is very hard to find in brick and mortar stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 03:57 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
I don't understand the appeal of ordering everything online. I love the convenience of shopping for many items online, but I have given up shopping for clothing online. 90% of the time I end up returning the item, not only because of improper fit, but because the quality is off, the color wasn't what I expected, measurements were wrong, it didn't look good on me like it did on the model, etc. . . The last time I shopped for clothes online, I ordered two sweaters from Kohl's. But it wasn't my choice. I had to buy them online because they of course were not available in store. I ended up returning both of them; one because it was too big and returned the other because the weave was so loose it repeatedly unraveled. It's brick and mortar for me from now on. I heard many customers don't like Stitch Fix either. Users have said the company does not select appropriate clothes for their customers.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:25 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't understand the appeal of ordering everything online. I love the convenience of shopping for many items online, but I have given up shopping for clothing online. 90% of the time I end up returning the item, not only because of improper fit, but because the quality is off, the color wasn't what I expected, measurements were wrong, it didn't look good on me like it did on the model, etc. . . The last time I shopped for clothes online, I ordered two sweaters from Kohl's. But it wasn't my choice. I had to buy them online because they of course were not available in store. I ended up returning both of them; one because it was too big and returned the other because the weave was so loose it repeatedly unraveled. It's brick and mortar for me from now on. I heard many customers don't like Stitch Fix either. Users have said the company does not select appropriate clothes for their customers.
I don't utilize companies like stitch fix because im very particular about my own style.

That being said, I buy a lot of clothes and almost entirely online. I pay a little bit more to buy clothes from brands that I know have good quality fabrics, good fit options, and who keep consistency in their fit/sizing and quality. I rarely return things from these stores.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:30 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Since you can already buy and return anything to amazon, how is this anything more than marketing?

Old 04-06-2018, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Since you can already buy and return anything to amazon, how is this anything more than marketing?
Note that Amazon does punish buyers who return too many items. Perhaps using this service has a more lax limit as far as the number of items you can return.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:54 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,505,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Note that Amazon does punish buyers who return too many items. Perhaps using this service has a more lax limit as far as the number of items you can return.
I did not know that until now. It looks like returning more than 10% of ordered items triggers a problem with amazon, no matter how much money you spend there.

Are you going to sign up?

Old 04-06-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I did not know that until now. It looks like returning more than 10% of ordered items triggers a problem with amazon, no matter how much money you spend there.

Are you going to sign up?
This service doesn't require a subscription; I can use the service on any eligible clothing item as long as I include three or more clothing items.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:38 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I find the shipping back and forth of items tedious. Hard pass, for me.

There are many products I prefer buying online. Clothes and shoes are not among them.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:58 PM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
Obviously different strokes etc. But I find the idea of time as a reason to use brick and mortar versus online as an odd one. Most people save a significant amount of time (and hassle) by doing online shipping with free shipping versus going to a store (which I still do for some items - mainly locally sourced or custom tailored items that arent bought online easily or where I want the one on one interaction) and then potentially having to return to a physical store for returns etc.

No hassle with traffic, dealing with crowds, checkout time etc.

Now the argument of really wanting to see every item in person, touch it, try it on, compare it side by side with other items etc. I can see as an argument for preferring brick and mortar. But not time or tedium. But that's just my opinion of course.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:00 AM

21 posts, read 24,061 times
Hello to all! ASOS ASOS ASOS!! They have become my go to!! for $19/year, you get UNLIMITED 2 day shipping and free returns. They actually promote and encourage you to order multiple items to try on, and return what you don't need/want. They have MANY brands that are popular and trendy outfits for all occasions, they even have a tall, petite, plus, and maternity range! Plus they have shoes, handbags, accessories, EVERYTHING!

As a busy realtor here in South Florida, I have such an unpredictable schedule and its hard for me to just run to the mall and shop. If I know i have an upcoming event, I just go on the app at night while in bed, and boom less than 48 hours the items are on my doorstep! They make returns super easy, and include the label to just slap on the front of the same bag/box for the mailperson to pick up, that's it!

By shopping on Wednesday, I now have an outfit for a baby shower today (cute purse too ), and an outfit for my husbands DJ gig at a trendy Miami Nightclub tonight - winning!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty