U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: In which are you more conventionally attractive - face or body?
I think I'm more conventionally attractive in the face 33 60.00%
I think I'm more conventionally attractive in the body 14 25.45%
Undecided 8 14.55%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 02:41 PM

2,626 posts, read 2,113,543 times

Advertisements

Even though I already know what I look like, I had some interesting mental dialogue when I asked myself the question. Now it's your turn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 06:58 PM

6,017 posts, read 5,795,124 times
Awww. You didn't leave a 4th option to vote for "all of me" so I didn't vote.

PS - what qualifies as 'conventional'?

Old 04-07-2018, 09:48 PM

There's no strict definition of it. However, I think most people have a sense of what's generally considered attractive, especially re the body.

Also, someone got mad at me for the question, as though it's "rude" to I guess ugly people, but I said "more conventionally attractive" (or "less ugly" ) and gave "Undecided" as an option. Nobody has to vote. I like prompting people to think and also getting a sense of what people look like and how they rate themselves.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:26 PM

72,671 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

Yeah, there's no option for "total package/babe", lol.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:39 PM

5,797 posts, read 2,152,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Even though I already know what I look like, I had some interesting mental dialogue when I asked myself the question. Now it's your turn.
The first thing Most perceive is your face ( especially when in cars) but it has always been facial ( especially eyes) that transmit friendliness or being so. I went out today, driving, parking, shopping and pretty well always glanced at people and smiled.. and always got a SMILE BACK> I'm pushing 70 years old.. so it cannot be my Body that translates to attractiveness...

BTW~~ Attractiveness has never been related to "Sexual attraction" either. Unless someone's looking for a baseless one night stand..or personal sexual gratifications of some sort or worse..someone's need to dominate another!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

I think "Conventional" term is actually misguided to suggest.. that male/female attractiveness > MUST be based on Sexual attractiveness initiated by BODILY things. .. LOL.. My whole life has been guided by the eyes of whomever.. as Eye's are the"Windows to the Soul" and They say far more than exterior beautiful appearances.

Old 04-07-2018, 11:45 PM

11,628 posts, read 17,040,226 times
It depends on how I angle the camera..lol!

Old 04-07-2018, 11:51 PM

I'll admit I voted body, not that I'm a male buttaface, but my face has some features that aren't generally deemed attractive, whereas the only serious negative about my body to some is not being bulky. Think prominent odd features as in opposition to "conventionally attractive," for anyone unsure about its definition.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:24 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,978,161 times
As a tall female (5'9") with great legs (thanks to cycling), I am much MUCH more confident about my body shape then I am about my face.

As my dear mama said, "The ugliest man in the world can look in the mirror and see Prince Charming, but the most beautiful woman in the world will look in the mirror and see only her flaws."

You can change your body shape with some work, but what can you do if your face is "average"?

Old 04-08-2018, 06:07 AM

9,103 posts, read 3,923,269 times
I was blessed with good genes. At 63 I am often mistaken for much younger and someone recently assumed I was my 9 year old granddaughter's mother. Since I've lost 15 pounds I would say the overall appearance is good, not great but better than many women my age that I have seen recently. But if I had to choose, probably my face.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:45 AM

726 posts, read 354,750 times
My face. It has aged far better than my body. I have young looking skin and good hair and have always been somewhat pretty. No one ever believes I'm over 40.

I had 3 kids, 1 by c-section. I take care of myself but my body is nothing like it used to be. And even when young been I was curvy, large breasts, small waist, curvy hips. Definitely not supermodel material, but I had a nice body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or